Wexford - 4 Dab- 1 Flounder- 5 seals - Zero Cod

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Fished Waterford estuary ( Wexford side) no cod, had massive bites at beginning of session, rods out of tripod and reels running, no takes. Surrounded by seals all night. Tried various rigs/ hook sizes etc. Used black frozen lug, mussels, fresh lug and white ragwort, and the trusted frozen squid. Managed 5 fish only, caught on squid or frozen blacks. One small flounder and 4 dabs. Beautiful evening there, very calm and mild.
Took a walk on the beach with the family this morning and came across a dead seal and several dead birds!
All in all, didn't get what I was looking for but very enjoyable all the same.......until next time

Tight lines

Re: Wexford - 4 Dab- 1 Flounder- 5 seals - Zero Cod

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:29 pm

This researcher heidi is always looking for dead sea birds - https://plastictides.wordpress.com/

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Fished Rosslare to Carnesore Point during the summer and there was Seals all along the coast line.id say one every 50 meters.There is plenty of them around.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 am

I think the 5 seals that were in Wexford over the weekend, followed me down from Howth in Dublin!!!

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 am

Rod Tips wrote:I think the 5 seals that were in Wexford over the weekend, followed me down from Howth in Dublin!!!

Perhaps they were fleeing from those killer whales!

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Lol