Current fishing reports from Dublin Bay area

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Current fishing reports from Dublin Bay area

Postby Rod Tips » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if any of you have any reports on any fish being caught in the Dublin Bay area, North and South Shores? It's been blank for me since May 2018, apart from one small hound which I couldn't land because of the kelp beds at low water, fished close to Telegraph cables just beyond Red Rock Beach. I have put in many many hours with nothing. Plenty of Mullet to be seen, saw just one flatfish under the bridge at Dollymount and small bait fish, sandeels etc can be seen in clear water. What am I doing wrong? Or has it been this bad recently? I've just taken up shore fishing again after a long absence. I'm catching elsewhere from the shore, but why not Dublin Bay?
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Re: Current fishing reports from Dublin Bay area

Postby sea serpant » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Im not sure about north dublin killiney is fishing well at the moment ive had bags my last three trips including flatfish pollick wrasse codling coalies nothing of real size but plenty of action all the same

For this message the author sea serpant has received thanks: 2
EddieK (Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm), Rod Tips (Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 pm)
sea serpant
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 125 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Current fishing reports from Dublin Bay area

Postby Rod Tips » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 pm

sea serpant wrote:Im not sure about north dublin killiney is fishing well at the moment ive had bags my last three trips including flatfish pollick wrasse codling coalies nothing of real size but plenty of action all the same
Thanks a lot for the reply, think I will head south shortly, the furthest south of the bay I've fished is Poolbeg lighthouse. I will try killiney.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum