Mackerel pattern sub surface lure advice

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

Mackerel pattern sub surface lure advice

Postby DarrenNiall » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am

Hi lads, I recently lost my favourite lure “ bass bullet- mackerel pattern” which was my go to lure at this time of year. I replaced it with a “Kongetobis- sandeel colour”. The new lure is an exact replica apart from the colour, I’m sure it will catch fish, very happy to have it. But I would like to have a sub surface lure in mackerel pattern as there are a lot of joeys about and I’m hoping you could give me some advice on lures that you have found to be good. I’m fishing with a 10’ multispin and 8kg braid, so anything from 10g - 40g would be good. Any advice is much appreciated.
DarrenNiall
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 99 times

Re: Mackerel pattern sub surface lure advice

Postby corkconian » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:55 pm

if you really do want the mackerel patter have a look at this site https://www.jigskinz.com/product-page/m ... -2-options . they are a shrink tube that you put over the lure you can have any lure look like a mackerel

For this message the author corkconian has received thanks: 3
corbyeire (Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm), keem (Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:23 pm), mickser (Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am)
corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 130 times

Re: Mackerel pattern sub surface lure advice

Postby DarrenNiall » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:01 am

corkconian wrote:if you really do want the mackerel patter have a look at this site https://www.jigskinz.com/product-page/m ... -2-options . they are a shrink tube that you put over the lure you can have any lure look like a mackerel

Thanks very much for the link, the small size could definitely be one for me, much appreciated.
DarrenNiall
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 99 times

Return to Lure Fishing