Killoughter beach

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Killoughter beach

Postby DaLimiter » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm

fished here sunday morning, high tide was roughly 8am so we were there for 6am. so much weed on the incoming tide made it difficult to differentiate between bites and weed drag. once tide starts to fall the weed stops, its mad. we just set up directly across from lane, just wondering if the weed is a constant feature all along the beach and is it worth moving up or down the beach at all or is it all much of a muchness?

Just on the weed point, is there any particular rigs that work better for weedy situations? i was using a 3 hook flapper rig.
DaLimiter
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Killoughter beach

Postby EddieK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:15 am

DaLimiter wrote:fished here sunday morning, high tide was roughly 8am so we were there for 6am. so much weed on the incoming tide made it difficult to differentiate between bites and weed drag. once tide starts to fall the weed stops, its mad. we just set up directly across from lane, just wondering if the weed is a constant feature all along the beach and is it worth moving up or down the beach at all or is it all much of a muchness?

Just on the weed point, is there any particular rigs that work better for weedy situations? i was using a 3 hook flapper rig.

Hi, I know this isn't a response to your question but just wondering what the road condition was like. I've never fished there as I've always been put off by tales of the many potholes in the drive down to the beach.
EddieK
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Sugarlumps » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:15 pm

The road is always in tatters unless you drive a jeep. It's a 10 minute walk from the farmhouse.
Sugarlumps
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby EddieK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Sugarlumps wrote:The road is always in tatters unless you drive a jeep. It's a 10 minute walk from the farmhouse.

Thanks for that. I take it that there's room for a few cars to park on the road at that spot?
EddieK
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Sugarlumps » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 am

EddieK wrote:
Sugarlumps wrote:The road is always in tatters unless you drive a jeep. It's a 10 minute walk from the farmhouse.

Thanks for that. I take it that there's room for a few cars to park on the road at that spot?

Always room, yet to see another car parked there, or anybody else fishing. I wince when I see a vehicle maneuver it's way down the track.

For this message the author Sugarlumps has received thanks:
EddieK (Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 am)
Sugarlumps
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 19 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum