Feel

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Feel

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Went fishing last night down Kinsale for a few hours, and it wasn't till the very last cast of the night that I actually remembered what I had viewed on You tube with regards to Pendulum Casting, I flicked it out, brought it back and for the first time flung it to the side ( something I just couldn't seem to get right previously ) then really Flexed the rod and felt it Perfectly Load and release like a Bullet..

I used to cast years ago when I was a young fella, inside a field with No shock leader and a 6 ounce weight, just your ordinary overhead thump, and I used love it, but thinking now that I must go back to practicing as it really did feel like the Perfect cast, maybe someday I might get involved with people who Know how to Correctly,

Thanks
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Re: Feel

Postby ShaneH » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:36 pm

You should come along to a sportscast Ireland casting day. There is one coming up soon
Sportscast Ireland
ShaneH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 284 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm

ShaneH wrote:You should come along to a sportscast Ireland casting day. There is one coming up soon

Where is that being held Shane? Fill me in mate
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby paddyc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Clive,
Here is the link to our venue:
http://hilltopshootingsports.com/index. ... ENS&ID=149
And here are the rest of the dates for this year:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42089

It's sounds like you got everything in the right position on the back swing (and loaded the rod) and when you came around and added your power in at the end of the cast (your punch/pull) the rod did all the work for you,,as is correct. The cast should feel effortless when your timing is spot on and all the rod does then is recover (back to straight again) and sent the lead of at great speed.. keep practicing it, but keep it all controlled, slow and smooth, the only fast part of the cast is the hit at the end..
Your more than welcome to come up to an event anytime, daycasters are always welcome..
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 pm

paddyc wrote:Hi Clive,
Here is the link to our venue:
http://hilltopshootingsports.com/index. ... ENS&ID=149
And here are the rest of the dates for this year:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42089

It's sounds like you got everything in the right position on the back swing (and loaded the rod) and when you came around and added your power in at the end of the cast (your punch/pull) the rod did all the work for you,,as is correct. The cast should feel effortless when your timing is spot on and all the rod does then is recover (back to straight again) and sent the lead of at great speed.. keep practicing it, but keep it all controlled, slow and smooth, the only fast part of the cast is the hit at the end..
Your more than welcome to come up to an event anytime, daycasters are always welcome..

Thank you Paddyc,

Really appreciate this, yes Im heading out tomorrow for a few hours and I plan to make Every cast count..
I am used to fishing with my Double Handed Burkheimer Rods, and these babies have Serious feel and feedback, I can do a fair few different casts - not to Instructor or professional level but I do try and I get the Loading of rods very much, timing is for sure Very important and I will get it..

Hope to see ye soon enough,

Thanks
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Casting