Caliso Bay

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Drove down for Ferrypoint but a good few there so decided to have a cast at Caliso, never fished it before.
A beautiful spot, but again Dogs, 5 all up and 2 on the First cast, doubled up. Fab Sky

Only had a few Rag, Squid and a couple of Mackerel, fished the last 2 hours of the flood and 2 of the ebb, had heard that it was a very snaggy area, didn't get snagged till the last hour, lost 2 Full pennel rigs, and all my shock leader attached to my Mainline on Both of my Multi's :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Caliso Bay

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 am

beautiful sunset mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

Looks nice 8)

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 am

Lovely shots. A favourite spot when i lived down there, nice and quiet (then), fished better earlier on

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:02 am

Great photo. Always remember the weed. From the photos looks like it still collects it! Checked a beach up here yesterday and it looked like an obstacle course...

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 am

Nice report with a few fish to boot. Caliso Bay, sounds like coral white sands and coconut palms, I'm seeing Ursula Andress emerging from the surf, oooooooohhhhhhhh, time for a cold shower!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:43 pm

A tackle graveyard :lol:

tackle graveyard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:51 pm

donal domeney wrote:A tackle graveyard :lol:

tackle graveyard.jpg

And I'm the man to collect with my Diving :)

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 am

hugo wrote:Lovely shots. A favourite spot when i lived down there, nice and quiet (then), fished better earlier on

Hugo, what did you get there? Bass? Used you spin off the rocks or bait of the beach, any tips as it is a lovely steep profile and id say since it is so snaggy, that there must be a few decent fish hanging around??

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Clive O Driscoll wrote:
hugo wrote:Lovely shots. A favourite spot when i lived down there, nice and quiet (then), fished better earlier on

Hugo, what did you get there? Bass? Used you spin off the rocks or bait of the beach, any tips as it is a lovely steep profile and id say since it is so snaggy, that there must be a few decent fish hanging around??

Hi Clive, I have had some good bass sessions on that beach, the rocks to the left around the middle. I only got them in August and especially September some pollock asweel all on lures.

Anto

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 pm

nicefish wrote:
Clive O Driscoll wrote:

Hi Clive, I have had some good bass sessions on that beach, the rocks to the left around the middle. I only got them in August and especially September some pollock asweel all on lures.

Anto

Thanks Anto, yes there was another man and his dog went over to the rocks on the left, I was just next to the rocks there, but didn't see if he caught anything, will give it a go with the lure rod. But I also had some great advise on here via pm and " Lead Lifts " will be part of Bait setup from now on, I had never even heard of them...

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Clive will you come down to wexford and collect my 9 million rigs lost on the point!

Good man thanks