Century Rods

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Century Rods

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:16 am

I am looking at upgrading to a New beach Rod, I've always had the Daiwa Rods from back when the Paul Kerry 12' beach caster came out many years ago, but have been viewing Century Rods for the last few days.

I have e-mailed Century and they passed me on their sales rep, who knows about the types of rods for certain conditions etc.
Just waiting back from that bloke now, but said i would ask here.

I have looked at the ; Eliminator T 900 14' 4"

Eliminator T 1000 14' 10"

Excalibur J 13' 6"

Has anybody on here got any pros/cons on any of these Rods?

Thanks
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Re: Century Rods

Postby ste c » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:46 am

Excalibur j curve is a lovely fishing rod a mate uses it on mixed ground marks an its handled them well depends what type of fishing you want to use it for tho.They have a slim butt an have seen him land congers an ray on them no problem have a good tip for bite detection too
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

Sound for that, yes they seem tidy at the butt and the fact that they can cast 7oz plus is a bonus. I just want it for Cod, bass, ray etc, had a rod bust recently up in Mullaghmore after catching 2 Nice size Congers, the third was Massive, i got him in, then my rod bust in half and so i don't really want anymore of them :)

Generally a Good decent Beach Rod that will be able to chuck a Biggish bait out, if needed, the T900 seems very nice too.
Im skint atm so it won't be for awhile yet, but just looking for feedback, so Thanks for that
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby ShaneH » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Im in the middle of trying out a pair of the t900's and my mate a pair of the t800's
So far they are performing well with ray to 10lb The bite detection is unreal in the SGT tip
Sportscast Ireland
ShaneH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 284 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Nice work
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby keymcg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am

Clive O Driscoll wrote:Sound for that, yes they seem tidy at the butt and the fact that they can cast 7oz plus is a bonus. I just want it for Cod, bass, ray etc, had a rod bust recently up in Mullaghmore after catching 2 Nice size Congers, the third was Massive, i got him in, then my rod bust in half and so i don't really want anymore of them :)

Generally a Good decent Beach Rod that will be able to chuck a Biggish bait out, if needed, the T900 seems very nice too.
Im skint atm so it won't be for awhile yet, but just looking for feedback, so Thanks for that
Theres a couple of bruisers of congers in the wall of that pier alright. Ive lost a lot of time and rigs to them. Great fun when you get them out though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 86 times

Postby keymcg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 am

Clive O Driscoll wrote:Sound for that, yes they seem tidy at the butt and the fact that they can cast 7oz plus is a bonus. I just want it for Cod, bass, ray etc, had a rod bust recently up in Mullaghmore after catching 2 Nice size Congers, the third was Massive, i got him in, then my rod bust in half and so i don't really want anymore of them :)

Theres a couple of bruisers of congers in the wall of that pier alright. Ive lost a lot of time and rigs to them. Great fun when you get them out though

keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Postby keymcg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 am

keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Postby keymcg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Postby keymcg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Hey Keymcg, lol. I didn't fish the pier on that Occasion. I went up the hill and off the rocks, its beautiful up there but agreed - some Brutes up there for sure..
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm

ShaneH wrote:Im in the middle of trying out a pair of the t900's and my mate a pair of the t800's
So far they are performing well with ray to 10lb The bite detection is unreal in the SGT tip

ShaneH, please let me know how the T900 goes for you, when you get a few hours up on her, I'm leaning towards that very Rod.
Gary from Century got back to me, I had mentioned the Excalibur J and T1000 to him, he said both totally different rods as i imagined and then he mentioned the T900, he said it has a glass tip which is ideal for casting and Match fishing, I'm trying next year for a Club and so it would be welcome to hear of your full thoughts regarding the Rod.

Thanks,
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers