Illegal fishing activity reports.

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Re: Illegal fishing activity reports.

Postby WKD Fishing 14 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 pm

I also would like to mention that I am looking for people to sign up and join me in this stance against illegal netting and sensationalism from tackle dealers and any others who have made money off the fishing of bass ,as they also play there part in the over fishing of bass.These people cry and complain over loss of money and lack of fish,but even if fish are been released it creates trauma,whilst people still over fish and pressurise Wexford coast line and then move there business to other waters along the coast.I respect a man needs to make a living and feed his family but fishing is a fun social advent both spiritual and enjoyable,but when people who give out about the situation and are also creating the situation it's like people on glass houses.This scourge on our natural resource needs to be stopped less talk more action.ive seen boats burnt out down the west in the lakes,I've seen salmon anglers personally cut nets.what are we willing to do to save our sport and our fisheries from these tyrants???
Banno bandit¥
WKD Fishing 14
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby Dave78 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:24 pm

I would like to know if anything can be done about people keeping extremely undersized fish, I have been driven crazy by a number of incidents lately,people keeping fish by the hundred that can in some cases can only be described as fresh out of the womb, I contacted IFI only to have a request for information on how to report incidents ignored.
I'm not the only one who feels this way, its a disgrace,
Species for 2016 : Flounder, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger Eel (4)
Species for 2015 : (16)
Species for 2014 : (31)
Dave78
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 100 times

Postby MAC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:20 am

Dave78 wrote:I would like to know if anything can be done about people keeping extremely undersized fish, I have been driven crazy by a number of incidents lately,people keeping fish by the hundred that can in some cases can only be described as fresh out of the womb, I contacted IFI only to have a request for information on how to report incidents ignored.

Nothing can be done about this for Sea fishing. There is no minimum size limits. Your right, it's a discrace.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby Dave78 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:57 pm

MAC wrote:
Dave78 wrote:I would like to know if anything can be done about people keeping extremely undersized fish, I have been driven crazy by a number of incidents lately,people keeping fish by the hundred that can in some cases can only be described as fresh out of the womb, I contacted IFI only to have a request for information on how to report incidents ignored.

Nothing can be done about this for Sea fishing. There is no minimum size limits. Your right, it's a discrace.

If it was bass there would be uproar, what these people don't realise is the smaller fish will draw the bigger ones in to feed, they are only wrecking fishing for themselves and others in the long run, the fishing has been fairly good lately, there's no need to be keeping small fry
Species for 2016 : Flounder, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger Eel (4)
Species for 2015 : (16)
Species for 2014 : (31)
Dave78
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 100 times

Postby fishermannum1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am

there is also a very good page on a well known social network site, called Poaching watch community's page, now nost of the information on it is about freash water but it dose look at reports of sea fishing as well, they name and shame these poacher's with photo''s of them with their catch's. if you look at their page you will be shocked at the damage that is been done by these Poacher's.
as ole rab c said " see me' see the sea' i love the sea me"
right i'am off for a swally!!!!!!! so were's the F***'n purse!!!!!!!

For this message the author fishermannum1 has received thanks: 3
corbyeire (Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm), nige (Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:28 am), tight lines (Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:37 pm)
fishermannum1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 31 times

Postby stephen taighe » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Im new to the sea fishing i would like to know the phone number of who i hav to call thanks
stephen taighe
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby donal domeney » Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 am

stephen taighe wrote:Im new to the sea fishing i would like to know the phone number of who i hav to call thanks

Detail of local numbers here http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/About-Us/contact-us.html
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Postby Deepman1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Two trawlers dragging a net between them were " fishing" in Dun Laoire about 12pm today. Reported to IFI, BIM, SFPA ( based in Clonakilty).No one person or dept seemed to be responsible for actioning / investigation and disinterest was rife. Met a number of typicalky bureaucratic responses ie " He's gone to lunch ", leave message on voicemail. Not our responsibility, etc.. In the neantime poachers steam away. No wonder kinds dont take up angling if even the harbours are not safe from trawlers. Are permits issed to fish inside DL Harbour???? I cant imagine they are yet " The State" with,all its employees, chooses to look the other way. No wondet we have no fish stocks left!!!!!

Deepman1

Postby Tanglerat » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Actually inside DL harbour? Doesn't that place have a harbourmaster?
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby gannet » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Unbelievable.
gannet
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 6 times

Previous

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions