Shakespeare Omni X Bass 11'6"

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Shakespeare Omni X Bass 11'6"

Postby shortcircuit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 pm

I got this rod before Christmas but am so pleased with it I said I'd throw up a review.

Back in November I obliterated the tip my lovely Shakespeare Odessa bass rod pulling out of a snag. As a Christmas present to myself I got a replacement. I was not keen to spend a huge amount of money as I would only use it for a few months in the winter.

The omni X bass is about 50 euro and I always found Shakespeare gear to be good quality so I decided to give it a try.

The day I got it I was happy when I unwrapped it. A grand light rod no bother to keep hold of while fishing. Nice rings and a good sturdy reel seat.

The first couple of times I went out with this I had no fish on it, but did remark on a couple things. Firstly it casts really well. I only had to give the rod a little flick nearly just from the wrist and the lead absolutely flew out. Secondly I got snagged a couple of times and had no trouble pulling out there was plenty of power in the rod.

Finally, last week I had a chance to see the bite detection of the rod. I was in a spot where I was plagued by what I think were small whiting. The rod showed up the bites incredibly well, the bites from these tiny fish felt like the juddering mackerel bites on a strong boat rod.

So, all told, a great little rod, extremely happy with it.

For this message the author shortcircuit has received thanks: 3
MC (Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 pm), nicefish (Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm), paul skelly (Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm)
shortcircuit
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 240 times

Re: Shakespeare Omni X Bass 11'6

Postby bossdog » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 pm

easily pleased happy out lol
bossdog
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby paul skelly » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for the review :wink:
Give a man a fire he will be warm for a night,
Set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Species from the shore 2011:21
Species from the shore 2012:34,
Species from the shore 2013:40
Species from the shore 2014:36
Species from the shore 2015:35
Species from the shore 2016:30
: whiting,pouting,dab,shore rockling,5xb beard rockling,flounder,dogfish,grunt,white sea bream,banded sea bream,black damselfish,blue damselfish, ornate wrasse,lizard fish,sea trout,red gurnard,bass,tornback ray smoothhound,Corkwing wrasse,poor cod,ballon wrasse,cod,pollock,conger,spotted ray,bullhuss,mackerel ,tub gurnard,place,lesser weever,

Wish list: ray
paul skelly
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 257 times

Postby ecleary » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:58 pm

The Shakespeare gear is great value and good quality for the price.
ecleary
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 43 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers