Opinions welcome

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a fs pool 13fter, either the daiwa supercast or the anyfish anytime 6&bait, anyone with an opinion or experience of one or both would be welcome,

Beechtrawler.

Re: Opinions welcome

Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:07 am

The supercast stb is a superb rod for the money good all rounder plenty of power and a good tip I can't comment on the afaw rod never tried one

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks Sea serpent, ya the supercast does get good reviews from other anglers on here and on uk sites which is always a good sign, the afaw rod less reviews apart from their own promotional video which is not going to be too objective.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 pm

The supercast is lovely to cast!!!

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Rory I am leaning towards the supercast, i was checking the multiplier version out in a local tackle shop yesterday, it looks and felt the business.

I was also comparing prices between the uk sites and the irish sites to get an idea about price and they ain't cheap however you get what you pay for as they say.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Have a supercast, lovely rod to cast with a great bite detection, another plus is you can feel every twist and turn of the fish when bringing one in. I have also had the afaw in the past, in my opinion the afaw and the supercast are two very different pieces of kit. I found the afaw a much more rough ground rod and much more stiffer than the supercast, it really comes down to the terrain that your are fishing but i would lean to the daiwa.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 pm

thanks conger for the feedback, i have ordered two supercast from henry's, i am looking forward to trying both out soon.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 pm

conger the two daiwa will be mostly used on kerry beaches, hopefully they will be surfy :D , mostly sandy with occasional mixed ground.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:14 pm

They'll be perfect for those conditions, tight lines