conger trip

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

conger trip

Postby seabass88 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Me +2 people avidly fish for conger all year round from rock/pier marks, with specimens getting more rare these days due to foreign and inexperienced anglers catching them were thinking on heading out for a boat trip for some real congering.

Was thinking maybe arrange something with members on here ? I could pull together 4 names and we would need 8/10 for a boat and would rather head out with a few guys I can have a bit of banter with before during and afterwards than just book my space and show up with 9 other random people.

Dates wise we are open to offers because we only need to give work 1 weeks notice to change shifts and what not , I've been mailing several charters around redbay Antrim and Donegal areas and they seem upto the task should we get the numbers...
seabass88
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 30 times

Re: conger trip

Postby yngkmd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

If you are going out of Antrim i would be up for a jaunt, Donegal would be a bit far for me
2012 species list (In order of appearance), Pollock, Whiting, Colefish (New PB), Shore Rockling, Flounder (New PB), 5 Bearded Rockling (New Species), Dogfish, Pouting, Plaice, Dab, Lesser Sandeel (New Species), Cod (New PB), Long Spine Sea Scorpion, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Mackerel, Herring, Goldsinney Wrasse, Butterfish (New Species), Ling (PB), Halibut (New Species), Haddock (New Species), Red Fish (New Species), Wolffish (New Species), Rockcook Wrasse, Shanny, Poorcod, Conger

2011 species list (In order of appearance), Pollock(PB), Lumpfish (New Species), Whiting, Colefish, Codling(PB), Dab, Pouting, Shore Rockling, Conger (PB), Blenny, Corkwing Wrasse, Three Bearded Rockling (new Species), Lesser Spotted Dogfish, Ballan Wrasse, Plaice, LSSS, Poor Cod (new Species that i know of), Sand Smelt (new Species), Herring (new Species)
yngkmd
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 75 times

Postby seabass88 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Have you heard of predator charters out of red bay ?
seabass88
SAI Bait Ball

Postby yngkmd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 pm

yes......yes i have....
2012 species list (In order of appearance), Pollock, Whiting, Colefish (New PB), Shore Rockling, Flounder (New PB), 5 Bearded Rockling (New Species), Dogfish, Pouting, Plaice, Dab, Lesser Sandeel (New Species), Cod (New PB), Long Spine Sea Scorpion, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Mackerel, Herring, Goldsinney Wrasse, Butterfish (New Species), Ling (PB), Halibut (New Species), Haddock (New Species), Red Fish (New Species), Wolffish (New Species), Rockcook Wrasse, Shanny, Poorcod, Conger

2011 species list (In order of appearance), Pollock(PB), Lumpfish (New Species), Whiting, Colefish, Codling(PB), Dab, Pouting, Shore Rockling, Conger (PB), Blenny, Corkwing Wrasse, Three Bearded Rockling (new Species), Lesser Spotted Dogfish, Ballan Wrasse, Plaice, LSSS, Poor Cod (new Species that i know of), Sand Smelt (new Species), Herring (new Species)
yngkmd
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 75 times

Postby Marco » Thu May 22, 2014 1:09 pm

I am up around donegal the week of 9/6 and the week of 21/7.
SAI SAC
FISH - an animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 56 times

Postby Nicholas6850 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Me and the bro would be well up for it, we live county Antrim so let us know where and when :)
Nicholas6850
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby seabass88 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:30 am

That sounds good Marco we will get a bash at the rays ay fahan and try leenan again next time your around sure
seabass88
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Marco » Wed May 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Great stuff, looking forward to it.
SAI SAC
FISH - an animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 56 times

Postby stephenjjcampbell » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:39 am

let me know when you plan to head out I'd be interested in joining
stephenjjcampbell
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats