Fuerteventura

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm just back from a trip to feurteventura and thought I'd trough up a small report.
It's a lovely place and is worm all year round , very quiet but great for fishing :D
I had a good few fish but no monsters , i lost a big ray of about 40lb from the rocks but landed a smaller one the next night about 10lb, there are some monsters over there 200lb+ , they have over 300 species :shock:
The local lads had some cracking fish , double figure banito , barracuda , blue fish, and so on..
All and all great place great weather and great fishing a place I think I'll make my new holiday destination 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fuerteventura

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Few more

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Last one

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi sounds like a perfect holiday some cool fish there well done;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Yep it's a great destination. Presume you were in Caleta. Like the Barra. :D :D :D

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:50 pm

great mix of species paul well done, its the only island out of the group i havent been on :( , seen some massive ray caught in teneriffe during daylight. did you eat the barracuda :?: if so did it go down well :?:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:46 am

That's the one Stan cheers
Thanks John, no I gave it to the local tackle shop owner Aram sound chap with a good shop every thing u need , he said they are a great table fish , they have white meat as far as I know .

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 am

Nice one Paul,,,some great fish there,,,you're off to a nice start on your species list :wink:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am

smashing report,Im heading out to the islands sometime during late summer, what rods did you bring with you, such a variety of fish caught there by you looks like a dream holiday :) and all shore caught

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Dave78 wrote:smashing report,Im heading out to the islands sometime during late summer, what rods did you bring with you, such a variety of fish caught there by you looks like a dream holiday :) and all shore caught

Cheers man , I brought 3 beach rods a spinning rod and a lrf rod about 5 reels ,trypod and a shed load of tackle :)

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 pm

If I bring that much gear with me I will have to leave the wife at home :) , thanks again Paul if you have pics please put them up there are some really nice looking species there

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Dave78 wrote:If I bring that much gear with me I will have to leave the wife at home :)

Sounds like the holiday of a lifetime to me!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm

red wrote:
Dave78 wrote:If I bring that much gear with me I will have to leave the wife at home :)

Sounds like the holiday of a lifetime to me!

Ha ha sounds like a dream holiday indeed

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:06 pm

For anybody travelling there it may be worth buying a travel rod. I bought a Shakespeare travel beach rod from Aram in Gone Fishing. Henry's also sell travel rods. I have a Shimano Exeage spinning rod from Henry's about 6 years ago. This way you can avoid the charges that many of the airline carriers charge :D :D . I travel a lot and nearly always sneak a rod into my case :!: :!:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Stan wrote:For anybody travelling there it may be worth buying a travel rod. I bought a Shakespeare travel beach rod from Aram in Gone Fishing. Henry's also sell travel rods. I have a Shimano Exeage spinning rod from Henry's about 6 years ago. This way you can avoid the charges that many of the airline carriers charge :D :D . I travel a lot and nearly always sneak a rod into my case :!: :!:

I was there last year and brought travel rod and was handy , but for €30 each way for the rod tube it's well better, your allowed24kg , you can fit every thing in them , leads, reels rod rest(witch is essential)
Oh ye I forgot to mention gonefishing fuerteventura owned be Aram , sound lad , check out his Facebook page he has tones of pics of what's on offer over there and updates it nearly every day.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:54 am

Cracking fishing Skell, nice stinger! sounds like your hooked on that island.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

Great fishing, some nice looking fish there.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Hey Skell. Just getting around to reading this. Great report and cracking fishing! Im sure you'll be back for the big fellas.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Lol u know me too well jay :D :lol: