Tope on the FLY

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

Tope on the FLY

Postby bassboy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Just read on phish fingerz blog that they caught tope on the fly using a mackerel type fly, looks great fun but hard , anybody heard of it happening before, check his blog out its called phish fingerz , sorry if its in the wrong section , I didn't know what to post it in :oops:
bassboy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 92 times

Re: Tope on the FLY

Postby Tanglerat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:19 pm

The section for saltwater flyfishing, p'rhaps?

That blog: http://www.phishfingerz.com/fishing-blog/

For this message the author Tanglerat has received thanks:
bassboy (Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:10 pm)
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby bassboy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks tangrelat :D
bassboy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 92 times

Postby Rob Millard » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 pm

I know some Dutch guys got some blue shark on the fly with John Brittain a few years back. They teased them 1st with bits on Mackeral tied on a string. Kept pulling them away just as they went to bite them and then tossed them a blue and white fly. Not sure how you'd do that with Tope though. I rarely see them feeding near the surface. When I do though, they're always hungry.
Species 2019: Common Skate, Pollack, Whiting, Coalfish, Cod, Cuckoo Wrasse, Bull Huss, Lsd, Porbeagle Shark, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Thornback Ray, Plaice, Turbot, Ballan Wrasse, Dab, Smoothound, herring, haddock, Blonde Ray, Tope, bass

Species 2018 : Porbeagle Shark, Spurdog, Lsd, Coalfish, Pollack, Ling, Mackerel, Haddock, Red Gurnard, Turbot, Dab, Thornback ray, Homelyn Ray, John Dory, Pouting, Ballan Wrasse, Smoothound, Tope, Bass, Bull Huss, Weaver, Painted Ray, Bluefin Tuna

Species 2017 : Cod, Coalfish, Whiting, Poor Cod, Pollack, Bull Huss, Ling, Pouting, Bass, Flounder, Painted Ray, Lsd, Tope, Ballan Wrasse, Mackerel, Herring, Launce, Haddock, Thornback Ray, Conger, Plaice, Turbot, Grey Gurnard, Red Gurnard, Cuckoo Ray, Tub Gurnard, Dab, Smoothound, black goby, Scad, Cuckoo Wrasse, Megrim

Species 2016 : (32)

Species 2015 : (30)

Species 2014 : (29)

Species 2013 : (34)
Rob Millard
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 223 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing