Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Kayak(s): Hobie

Duration:7.17-10.15

Tide: High at 8.30

Weather:Sunny but freezing

Bait: Rag and squid

Rigs: 1up 1down

Results: 1 pollack

Report:Its been so long since I last caught a fish that ive forgotten what its like :oops: Today I was going to change that and I was determined not to fecking blank again. On the road nice and early to see the sun rise :)
On the water as soon as I could get ready and headed out to tie off to a lobster pot. 30 minutes into the session with out a bite and Im thinking oh no here we go again :roll: It was fierce cold with a 4ft swell and just a slight breeze. All I knew at this stage was that there was clearly now fish under me so I decided on a few drifts, I had a good few rigs with me so didnt mind that it was rough grounds. I drifted for a mile or so and then headed back to go again, on the next drift i took a nice knock on the big rod and a pollack appeared
Very happy to see him so I was :D :D :D
Hoping to catch a few more I repeated the same drift over and over with no luck. I then headed into shallower waters to try out some other spots but again no luck. I tied off again to another pot, as I baiting up I kept hearing a strange noise from behind me but every time I turned round there was nothing there. Must be going mad I thought :twisted: but then all of a sudden a big fecken seal popped up about ten ft from the kayak and frightened the b%l%x out of me :cry: It took about then minutes for me to get over the shock :lol:
By this stage I was froze over and decided it was only the 1 fish today. Hopefully things will pick up over the next month
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin 6-4-13

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice report and fair play on beating the blank :D

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Its nice to see some bit of life again Anthony, I was out under the cliffs of moher with freddi and kevin from ika today and all I managed was 3 launce, freddi and kevin got a few pollock before I came alright though.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:33 pm

good man anto nice to see a local report for a change :wink:

as for the seals i hate them at this stage, pity there wes no interest if seal fur and meat on this side of the world :wink:

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 pm

great report, at least you beat the blank

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 am

timod wrote:Nice report and fair play on beating the blank :D

Cheers, very happy not to blank :D
JOHN1 wrote:good man anto nice to see a local report for a change :wink:

as for the seals i hate them at this stage, pity there wes no interest if seal fur and meat on this side of the world :wink:

Glad to see a fish at this stage :P Dam seals, big fookers :shock: eating all the fish. Hope to see you back out there soon john :wink:
redzerologhlen wrote:Its nice to see some bit of life again Anthony, I was out under the cliffs of moher with freddi and kevin from ika today and all I managed was 3 launce, freddi and kevin got a few pollock before I came alright though.

Sure is redzer I was starting to thing there was no fish left on this side of the country. Any size to your fish?
number 4 wrote:great report, at least you beat the blank

Cheers number4

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:54 am

Good report Anthony, only the one but a good one :wink: ,,,Watch out for those 'oul seals!,,,he was probably a bit peeved off after you getting the only fish in the vicinity :lol:

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:40 am

:lol: cheers eyesreilly. I'd say the seal felt sorry for me, "that poor fellow out in the freezing cold in his kayak for hours and hasn't got a fish" :lol: