Copper Coast

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to kayak fishing having only caught my first bass last year. Recently I spent two weeks on the Copper Coast recently and managed to get out a few times.

On our first trip we set off an hour before high tide and 10 mins later we were fishing. After just 4 casts I had 2 fine bass :shock: much to the consternation of Jimmy:D. I nearly died with excitement :lol: :lol: Never had a buzz like it! Got 3 more bass before things dried up and the heart slowed down :) . Bass heaven !(for me anyway). Jimmy got a fine Bass too :) and a lone mackerel on the Zonk :lol:

Our next trip to the same location was less successful - a single bass for me and nothing for poor Jim :lol: . We also had a friendly chat with the fisheries patrol boys who were passing :shock: . Nice lads.

All in all, a great couple of trips (for us anyway!)

Heading back down there this evening :D Hoping to target a few Pollock for a change :wink:

Re: Copper Coast

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

Well done, pollack on light gear or a fly rod are good craic from the yak :D

Re: Copper Coast

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 am

Hi BassYakker

Sounds like great sport.
Most of my fishing is done on the Copper Coast and this year I have concentrated on lure fishing. With the weather conditions being what they are fishing has been fairly poor this season.
I've been thinking of getting a kayak for a while now and was just wondering do you think your chances of sucess are increased from the kayak as opposed to fishing from the shore.