Jig heads

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi all just wondering what weight , hook size & shape jig heads should I use for the savage gear sand eel slugs & megabass xlayer S/P baits.i will be fishing for bass & pollack from the shore mostly fishing over clean ground.
Cheers

Re: Jig heads

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Hope you are north of the border m8!!!! Dont be posting bout spinning for bass its illegal till June 16th if your south of the border :shock:

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Hope you are north of the border m8!!!! Dont be posting bout spinning for Bass its illegal till June 16th if your south of the border :shock:

It may be illegal to fish for bass now Sparkie but we can still talk about tactics :) Hes looking for advice man don't get your knickers in a twist nowhere in his post does he mention he will be fishing before the 16th. Try 5g to 10g jig heads and maybe rougher ground if you want pollock

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:35 pm

No worries I was just informing the lad just in case he didn't know that's all bigsod.... No bother m8 :wink:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 am

If ur goin fishing in the ruff stuff use weedless hooks.......youtube the texas rig......

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:46 am

thanks lads & ill be bass fishing after the 15th then & only then

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

go into Pat in Henrys Tackle in Dublin. the guy is the best with softie mounts. Very eye opening and great tips.