greys grx-s 13ft shore multiplier rod

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:28 pm

planning on buying a rod or two shortly for the summer.any reports on these ones

thanks

Re: greys grx-s 13ft shore multiplier rod

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 pm

I got one last year and its great for beach work. Good bite registration Casts both 5oz and six leads well and has a enough backbone to haul doubles of cod . The only thing I'd fault is the sliding reel seat as it feels a bit cheap and I find it doesnt lock in enough to inspire confidence but easily swapped to coasters

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

with the reel seat it reminds me so of the sonik sk4

Preston wrote:I got one last year and its great for beach work. Good bite registration Casts both 5oz and six leads well and has a enough backbone to haul doubles of cod . The only thing I'd fault is the sliding reel seat as it feels a bit cheap and I find it doesnt lock in enough to inspire confidence but easily swapped to coasters

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

I'll be changing mine to coasters soon. It did Erk me on my last outing but other than that I find its a great rod at a great price

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 pm

would it handle rough ground fishing

Preston wrote:I'll be changing mine to coasters soon. It did Erk me on my last outing but other than that I find its a great rod at a great price

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 pm

saving private brian wrote:would it handle rough ground fishing

Preston wrote:I'll be changing mine to coasters soon. It did Erk me on my last outing but other than that I find its a great rod at a great price

Well I use mine in Monkstown and haven't had any problems although I wouldn't fancy bullying a Conger when the current gets goin . Its not a powerhouse but a good allrounder . I picked up a daiwa meanstreak for 60 euro in the halfway and find it handles the rough stuff better.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

have the old model and she's fine over rough ground its a fairly powerful rod...:mrgreen:, the new one looks nice..... :P
the coasters are a good idea.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Preston wrote:I got one last year and its great for beach work. Good bite registration Casts both 5oz and six leads well and has a enough backbone to haul doubles of cod . The only thing I'd fault is the sliding reel seat as it feels a bit cheap and I find it doesnt lock in enough to inspire confidence but easily swapped to coasters

Hi Brian

Have to agree with Preston on this one, have the rod and fine it a great all rounder but would definately switch to coasters or one of the abu reel seats. Bite reg is very good and great power in the casts, you can wind her up and let fly, if need be such as on some of the Clare beachs if you have to hold it rather than set it on the tripod it won's break your back.

Regards