Abu TSR

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Abu TSR

Postby paddyc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I know a few people have them a while now,,, but how are they going? Any issues arise?
I got a chance to have a quick look at some last night and TBH wasn't very impressed! :? Mainly with the cage and considering it is their version of the original
P-tech's which are 100% i must add and cost less,,, but for the money they are asking for them (E250 each!! :shock: ) they should be spot on straight out of the box ,,, simple issues like spool rub, over breaking and generally running very slow, they call them "tournament specials!", im not convinved...
Anyone owners of them got any input...? MC how is your one going? have you had it on court? if so how did you get on?
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Re: Abu TSR

Postby round_ourway » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

seen one go on an auction site for £110 there last week. In your opinion have you cast further with low profile cages Paddy?
Boca Bearings .com - Orange Seal

Practice the Impossible
round_ourway
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 24 times

Postby MC » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm

never fished with and the only issue i have with mine was it was a bit slow, but once the bearings have been broke in distance has been increasing, even managed a pb on the 150g with it so all hope isnt lost yet. Never gave a ptech a cast so cant compare them.
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 379 times

Postby paddyc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 am

round_ourway wrote:seen one go on an auction site for £110 there last week. In your opinion have you cast further with low profile cages Paddy?

Yes,, but then again most of my reels are low profile,, IMO its all in the mind! if you can get a better grip of the spool your brain tells you to really go for it,, so with your confidence up you tend to put a tad more into the cast hence getting better distance...
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby paddyc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

MC wrote:never fished with and the only issue i have with mine was it was a bit slow, but once the bearings have been broke in distance has been increasing, even managed a pb on the 150g with it so all hope isnt lost yet. Never gave a ptech a cast so cant compare them.

Ok cheers for that Martin, i supose doing a PB means it cant be bad ehh...
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby round_ourway » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

thanks for that Paddy
Boca Bearings .com - Orange Seal

Practice the Impossible
round_ourway
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 24 times

Postby MC » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm

paddyc wrote:
MC wrote:never fished with and the only issue i have with mine was it was a bit slow, but once the bearings have been broke in distance has been increasing, even managed a pb on the 150g with it so all hope isnt lost yet. Never gave a ptech a cast so cant compare them.

Ok cheers for that Martin, i supose doing a PB means it cant be bad ehh...

its not that bad mate, but i guess its designed as a faster fishing reel, but time will tell.
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 379 times

Return to Casting