Ragworm Fly

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

Ragworm Fly

Postby LennyH » Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Has anyone tried a Ragworn fly for the bass. Just reading through some of the posts and a lot of the bass are falling to Ragworm. Found this pattern and looks pretty good and was thinking of giving it a whirl as nothing else seems to be working for me at the moment. Has anyone tried it with success? Any idea of retrieve?
http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/boerste/
LennyH
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Ragworm Fly

Postby JimH » Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

L- what other types of fly and when have you been trying?
JimH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 528 times

Re: Ragworm Fly

Postby LennyH » Mon May 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey Jim, I know a trip to you is in order and fingers crossed it will be happening this year. I have been using BTD, Lefty's decievers, flat wings, semi hollow fleyes and DNA sandeel patterns. Colour wise thy have all been prodominately white with blue in some chatreuesse in others and olive in others. Some with jungle cock eyes and others with epoxy stick on eyes. When I do get out it is usually very early around the 4am mark and fish whatever is there at this stage I have fished almost all of the tides at dawn break. The area I am fishing looks very bassie and pollock grounds but trying to confirm that from othher angliers is very difficult. Any who I will keep at it and try and absorb as much from the enviornmental factors as I can.
LennyH
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing