Tory Island

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Tory Island

Postby Conor H » Sun May 16, 2004 9:17 pm

Saturday 15th May
Venue - Tory Island
Charter - Pat Robinson's "The Cricket".
-----------------------
8 anglers from Armagh fished Pat Robinson's boat "The Cricket" out of Port Na Blagh. The day started off pretty overcast with a bit of a swell. Very quiet until about lunchtime with occasional pollock falling to firetail worms on 1oz leadheads, and strings of hokkai lures. After lunch Pat moved the boat to the North side of the island, the swell dropped and the sea was flat as. The pollock started feeding and we landed a steady flow of fish until 5 o'clock. Most fish were caught on light spinning gear using 1oz leadheads and a variety of jellies, including twin tail tigers, but mostly to firetail worms.
Fish landed to about 8lb.
My dad Damien caught a nice sized cuckoo wrasse and we landed a few coalies as well.
No sign of any mackerel, though I heard today that some were taken on Micheal McVeighs boat over the Laurentic.
It was our first trip out for the year and all went home very happyand badly burnt - very deceptive out there, even when it's overcast.
Pat as ever kept us entertained with a bit of help from the 2 jokers , David and Mop. It was Mop's first trip out on a boat and he had a cracker day, and has booked himself on the rest of the season's trips.
Again I have to say Pat Robinson , with the help of Bill, his beautiful assitant, worked all day to find us fish. He's probably the best skipper I've ever fished with. Looking forward to the next trip already.
Photos to be posted on the Procast website during the week if anyone is interested.
-----------------------------
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
-----------------------------
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports