Rod building help

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 am

Been building rods for several years now, just letting all know if anyone is thinking on building a rod and needs any advice or needs a repair eg. broken ring etc. I'd be more then glad to help out.
Tight lines,
Paul B

Re: Rod building help

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

howya im a pro rod builder what sort of rods do you build fly rods or beachcasters. two heads are better than one :wink:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 pm

lads do ye know how to get the rough textured grips that assist in breaking down your rod and how is it applied thanks in advance 8)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 pm

seanie35 wrote:lads do ye know how to get the rough textured grips that assist in breaking down your rod and how is it applied thanks in advance 8)
yup give us a pm if you want some

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 pm

ShaneH wrote:
seanie35 wrote:lads do ye know how to get the rough textured grips that assist in breaking down your rod and how is it applied thanks in advance 8)
yup give us a pm if you want some

thanks shane pm sent 8)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Shane is "the man" at the rod building :lol: 8)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 am

Been building fly rods mate, built myself far more than I'll ever use, not a pro but built a few for ebay sale and friends and family etc. Am toying with the idea of building a nice spin/lure rod, but know in me heart of hearts i'll seldom use it.

ShaneH wrote:howya im a pro rod builder what sort of rods do you build fly rods or beachcasters. two heads are better than one :wink:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 pm

i have built a few fly rods for myself fiddly little things :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi lads just wondering if u could help my 3 piece sierra xda 4 weight Fly fod snapped 4-5 inchs from tip.sierra don't make the rod anymore.could any of u fix or build a new piece

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 am

no it cant be done rod building dosnt mean fixing the blank you will need a new tip sorry

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:02 pm

What about building the 3rd piece instead of fixing it

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 pm

ye that can be done

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 am

Could u build it for me and if so how much would it cost.I still have the original eyes if that helps.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 pm

give use a pm and ill have a chat with ye