Back to basics - Help Appreciated

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Back to basics - Help Appreciated

Postby JPS » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Well after a break from casting I thought it was time that I got things back on track and started to do soem serious practice and get the video out to ensure that I can focus on some of the things that I am doing wrong but nor realising it.

I decided that i would take my own advise and seriously concentrate on casting the heavier leads and to that end got out my Penn 525 Tournamag and matched it to my Century Tip Tornado Sport and 0.35mm main line. I chose the 200 gram lead as it very quickly tells you if you are rushing things .

casting down on the beach I started out at what I thought was slow but as I soon foundf out it wasn't with the load being very noticable and my left arm not coming into play at all on the hit. Way to much right arm push and theright hand passing the ideal 1.00 oclock position that would then allow me to get the benefit from my left.

Have a look at the video footage and you will see what I mean. I will be working on this for the next few weeks and will only be casting the heavy weight to make me focus on thechnique and timing before I try and power up on the lighter leads.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WeX0EisAT6U

Any hints or advise from anyone will be appreciated as it is important to get feedback from others as its easy to miss areas when you are looking at yourself.

Thanks for any feedback as it will all be taken as constructive help.
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Back to basics - Help Appreciated

Postby southaussie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi JPS i'm not a casting expert but i recon you may need to watch you dont get snagged on those cranes in the distance :lol:
southaussie
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby JPS » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:25 am

Trying to get over there but still missing something, thats why I want new eyes to see what I am doing and hopefully suggest improvements or corrections to faults that creep into the cast.

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby macka1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 am

Think this fella needs a lot more help than you :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7TGhULeWxu0
macka1
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Casting