chasingsilver.org

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

chasingsilver.org

Postby LennyH » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Does anyone know what happend to this site? It was an online shop for SW Flies by Andy Elliot but now its a web form page. Has it relocated or has it gone gone?
LennyH
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: chasingsilver.org

Postby Shambo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Lenny, unfortunately it seems Andy has cancer so the site is down for the immediate future. This message is displayed on the page now:
The fly shop is down for 6 months , I’ve been diagnosed with lymphoma and the chemo is going to be a bit rough on me
So I’ve decided to temporarily  stop tying commercially
I am going to use this down time to redesign the site and this is the start of it
If anyone’s interested in following my battle with cancer i’ve started a blog
http://cancerchemoandcircumnavigation.blogspot.com/
Andy

Shocking :(
Shambo
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby JimH » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:05 am

He will be back better than ever - beyond doubt working with him for the past few years he and his flies have become part of the success I enjoy with many customers in Wexford - building and shaping already established patterns into a range that I now couldnt fish without - many samples here http://www.probassfisher.com/search/lab ... %20Reports
JimH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 528 times

Postby LennyH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm

My God sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well for you. Feel like a right Idiot now.
LennyH
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby patk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

This site is excellent and back up now ! though he is not selling for a while there is a mine of info for tying and fishing the man is amazing
patk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby KERRY1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Andy is a true gent and is very passionate about what he does. When I first heard that he wasn’t well I was very saddened. I had the pleasure of meeting him last year when I was out fishing and we had a quick chat about various things, mainly about bass fishing which we both love to do. I could tell right away from talking to him for just a short time that he knows what he is talking about and his website is the proof of that. If you haven’t seen it yet then I recommend you have a look, it’s well worth it, especially for those of you who are into fly fishing for bass.
"Limit your Kill - Don't Kill your Limit" ><O>-><O>-><O>
KERRY1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 26 times

Postby patk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm

I always tie flies this time of the year since my days as a freshwater only angler and you passed the winter like that. Im tying bass flies last couple of years and this man is an inspiration id love to have a cast with him i really hope he returns to full health soon im sure he will he seems very determined pat
patk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby KERRY1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

I second that Pat, I also hope he returns to full health soon, for sure the impression I got from meeting him was one of a person who is a very strong, determined and focused individual and I wish him all the best.
"Limit your Kill - Don't Kill your Limit" ><O>-><O>-><O>
KERRY1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 26 times

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing