Boston Harbour!!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi There,
Just back from a week in Boston with a few lads and we had a great days fishing on a boat called skip a dory
we caught 9 big stripe bass to about 30lb and lost a few more big ones that we could'nt stop!! one managed to snap a daiwa 12 / 20 lb rod in half and one nearly d
HPIM0697.JPG
ragged me over board only to snap off when one of the lads grabbed my belt to stop me going for a swim!! and we also had 5 good size blue fish and lost about 6 or 7 more because we were using floro leader so as not to spook the bass,the blues have teeth like razors!! and fight a bit like big mackeral but would not come near the stripers for shear power!! any way a great day we will never forget

keith

having trouble posting pics will follow soon
HPIM0697.JPG
HPIM0699.JPG
HPIM0711.JPG
HPIM0701.JPG
HPIM0712.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Boston Harbour!!

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

serious looking fish deciever ,will have to put that on my to do list. what did the boat cost for the day

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:17 am

Fair play lads. Some fine lumps of fish there. Good on ye using the light gear. Nothing like it. Petty you snapped one of the rods but i bet the ones that didn't get away made up for it. :D 8)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:20 pm

plumster wrote:serious looking fish deciever ,will have to put that on my to do list. what did the boat cost for the day

the boat cost $550 without tip for a 4 hour blue fish striper trip we gave $700 because we had such a good day. and if you dont catch a keeper !! (28") you dont pay a cent !! bostonsportfishing.com chuck and skip father and son team and they ar real pro's

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Cool, my mate is over there for the week and he had said he might try to get out, so I just texted that web address.