Re: Self Teaching

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 pm

left arm higher on the hit and dont bend right arm so much , try and keeep your arms in front of your chest all the way round to the hit . also try a longer drop.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Cheers Eric, Fair wee bit to go yet. If you think the questions from the g.public are wild when your fishing on the beach you can well imagine the ones asked in a park.

Good stuff cheers AG. I will work on them. I'm using an AA Match, seems quite forgiving

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Learn to walk before you run!!!!!!!! (like golf pro's when things go wrong they go back basics and build their swings from the start) Like kstaff said learn the fundamentals first it will stand to you.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 pm

True. good point. spend a wee bit more time on the otg cast

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm

The UCC have a meet on this Sunday Stevie if you fancy it. I think a day on the field could help you a great deal.

One word of warning mind. It can become addictive !!!!!!! :?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Good advice from all concerned however mastering the OTG cast instills all the basic things you need for the pendulum cast.

Arms away from the body, turn and look up as you lay into it...I promise nothing could be simpler, master it and you'll Pendulum alot quicker and have sound technique!

Great first attempt by all accounts!

UCC are a great bunch too who'll have you sorted in no time! Get to one of their meets!

Regards,

Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

going to try and get up this weekend. cheers lads for all the comments

Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 pm

due to baby sitting duties I never made the UCC meet. I did manage to get out for an hour on sunday evening. After a couple of otg cast I tried a few pen casts. Quite a bit to go to yet!!!
[url]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9iZQV37bjrc[/url]

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Big improvement on last time weldone, sort of came over your shoulder a bit but lookin good! Keep everything away from you coming round!

Keep us posted and if you do any really big hits don't tell us cause I'll be Jealous!! :D

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Over the top a bit on the first but the second was very nice. 8) (a bit more aggression Stevie and your barred from UCC meets) :lol:

Keep up the good work :wink:

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am

The second cast felt a lot nicer. still a bit to go yet. thanks for the comments lads.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

stevie go along to your local casting club, seriously the dif is un reel , i went to sci and was amazed the guys had me hitting a decent distance at the end of the day,
think they have me hooked on it :(

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 am

dbrock wrote:stevie go along to your local casting club, seriously the dif is un reel , i went to sci and was amazed the guys had me hitting a decent distance at the end of the day,
think they have me hooked on it :(

I know fella. going to try and get to the next one. you have obviously a decent pen cast yourself matey, there some distances you were hitting well done sir

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:15 pm

that didn't look too bad at all! :D

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 am

cheers sir. I havent got a chance to practise in a while. getting there though!

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 am

hi guys im living around the waterford area, is there casting club or tutition close to this area???