avet sx

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

avet sx

Postby zziplex » Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm

lads i have a lefthand avet sx that i need to mag as its to quick to control iam currently fishing with abu 6501 pro rockets which i have converted myself to a ct cage complete with brass bullet i know nothing of knobby converting a avet how hard is it all i know if im right is drill a 8mm hole on side plate .i have never seen a mag unit can i buy one in irelandand can i get one fitted if its difficult .lads any info would be greatly appreciated thanks paudie
zziplex
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 12 times

Re: avet sx

Postby The Austrian » Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 pm

you can buy an upgrade body kit here: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Avet-SX-MC-Cast-magg ... 1|294%3A50
None available here in Ireland as far as I know, but bought from this US shop before and only can recommend their service, or treat yourself to the magged version: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Avet-SX-5-3-MAGGED-N ... 1|294%3A50
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.” - Dalai Lama
“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today and Hope for Tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein
The Austrian
Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V

Have thanks: 540 times

Postby zziplex » Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

thanks for the info but my reel is the older sx 5.1 not the newer sx 5.3 .i was looking at buying the new
version but its costly and my reel is in its original box hardly used the mag upgrade looks good does it cast good and ho does it compare to the abu rockets
zziplex
SAI Hammerhead

Postby The Austrian » Thu May 21, 2009 9:50 pm

zziplex wrote:thanks for the info but my reel is the older sx 5.1 not the newer sx 5.3 .i was looking at buying the new
version but its costly and my reel is in its original box hardly used the mag upgrade looks good does it cast good and ho does it compare to the abu rockets

don't know about the rocket but find the avet handy enough for casting, no backlashes yet *touch wood* and very precise runs every time, even with smaller baits and braid, mags are easy enough to adjust to suit your casting style.
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.” - Dalai Lama
“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today and Hope for Tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein
The Austrian
Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V

Have thanks: 540 times

Postby paul mason » Thu May 21, 2009 10:38 pm

As far as i know all you have to do is stick a rare earth magenet on the end plate and this will control it. It's fairly simple or so i'm told
Kstaff has always been the new black in my eyes anyway!!!!!!!

Indomitable spirit - never giving up or wanting to give up.

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/east-coast-tackle/

http://www.eastcoasttackle.ie

East Coast Tackle
paul mason
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 145 times

Postby fishinmidget » Thu May 21, 2009 11:02 pm

paul mason wrote:As far as i know all you have to do is stick a rare earth magenet on the end plate and this will control it. It's fairly simple or so i'm told

Wot he says. just find some glue that bonds metal, and stick a nice sized rare earth magnet or two in the end plate. try to get them as close to the spool as possible without them touching the actual spool. this worked fine for me.
SACN number: 0688

Le rosbif......
fishinmidget
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 36 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby paddyc » Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 am

Id presume there easy enough to magg!! but contact Chris Macey in the Wales, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/christopher.macey/
he maggs Avets and i highly racomend his work, been using him a good while now and he is top notch,fast turn around too and a great guy. Hope this helps

For anyone interested Tom B (aka Rockhopper/ tburness@eircom.net) imports Avet reels and does them at a very reasonable price too,
models include-SX/MX/LX and another i cant remember off hand.
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby zziplex » Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm

thanks paddyc for the info must e mail him the sx is too nice a reel to leave in its box
zziplex
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Casting