Cricket (sort of) - Port Na Blagh - 26/06/2005

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Cricket (sort of) - Port Na Blagh - 26/06/2005

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 am

People: Myself, Baby H Rocks, Cassie, Christy, Paddy, Craig, Graeme, Cliff and Joerg (Fish Thief)

Duration: 9 am until 5 PM

Tide:

Weather: Sunny and Dry. Very little wind (apart from David after his Chow Mein)

Bait: Mackerel on leadheads, firtails, various plastics and a bit of pirking.

Rigs: Flowing traces with shads, super grubs, feathers, hokkais.

Results: Loads of Pollock, some coalies.

Report: The Cricket blew a piston or something enginey ! I'm not a mechanical type. So we headed for Magharoarty where Pat had arranged another boat - nice boat it was too. Skipper was a nice bloke too. Stopped for mackerel and then headed to Tory (Toraigh) for a days spinning etc. Loads of nice pollock to about 7 or 8 pounds. Saw Sammy Scotts boat pass and an angler holding a brute of a kelp cod up (show off !!) - very red fish. Was a good day in all, only down side was that when we had filleted and bagged up our fish, Joerg helped himself to an oversized share, stole all the mackerel and left some of us with very little for the pan. Germans eh ! Not content with sun loungers, now they're stealing our fish !! :(

Was a good day in all - my last out on a boat, so a nice way to finish my boat fishing adventures !! Am going to concentrate a bit more on trout and pike.

Do not mention the War

Postby Cassie » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:52 pm

Hrocks

I know that you are fed up with all the organisation in getting a trip organised and s**t heads letting you down. Just to let you know that you can join our bunch any time that you are interested. I'll take all the flack, you can just turn up and fish. :lol:
By the way Jeorg was lucky that he didn't get filleted. I have never seen such a lack of respect for fellow fishermen. Maybe the reason that you've called it a day is that you have no tackle left after the Goosestepper cleaned you out. Don't worry mate I'll lend you a string of hoikais and a leadhead :wink:

Cassie
Cassie

Postby hammy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:09 am

Might take you up on that, but am going to give it a while at the pike and fly first - get my wee boat in order and have a few lazy days on local lakes. Less travel, and I dont have to supply gudgies with tackle all day and then get my catch stolen !! :(
hammy

Postby Tanglerat » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:10 pm

:oops:

Sorry Conor, I would have been there if push came to shove.

Well used to family being brassed off cos I'm dodging work fishing, rather not have interweb mates brassed off too!
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby conor » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:03 am

Hi Gerry,
No worries, this has nowt to do with you not being able to make it, I know you had to prioritise. I had a full crew on Saturday - the boat was tight enough as it was - the annoying thing is that the same people continually say they'll be there, yet, come the night before fishing when the phone rings, I already know who it is and what they are going to say before I answer. It's not fair on me as the organiser, who has to ring the skipper and see if he can get a few more at short notice, and ultimately, it's not fair financially on the lads who turn up and have to still pay for those who dont show. It's worse again when they dont call, and still dont turn up.
I've just had enough. I'll be joining Cassie's crew from now on, so I only have to make sure I turn up from now on, and will be doing a lot more freshwater fishing. If the rest want to go boat fishing, they can organise it for themselves.
conor

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:41 pm

and will be doing a lot more freshwater fishing.

Zare is no point, As I have taken all za pike back to za fazzerland in a big freezer, why do you think I came on the zee fishing trip?? Should I not get a bigger share of za fish? after all my kontry haz given yourz enough money over the last cirty yearz to but your own fish, You bloody pixie heads should be more greatful. I am so inzulted that I vill not be koming fishing vit you again.

Zoo long and thanks for all za fish.

Jeorg Goosesteppinfishstealer

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports