Benefits of light line & the 100 gram

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Benefits of light line & the 100 gram

Postby JPS » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:05 pm

Well we have been hearing from the UK that the 100 gram sinker and 0.25mm line will be the next combination to break 300 yards and based on my practice session yesterday I am tending to agree with those thoughts.

Here is a short video clip where Lee and I had a session down at South Barwon Reserve and where both of us found that it was easier to get the 100 gram away in the windy conditions.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7j5TK9PiyNw

Distance for the 100 was higher than the 150

It will be interesting to see how we go on the next comp.
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby nthclare » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Vnice casts there guys its much easier to hit the 100g leads allright and you can get a good clean cast out of them.

I wonder what the pro's :lol: here think as I dont know much about casting but the idea of that technique would break the barrier but wait the devils advocate here will go on about the diameter of the line and all that but sure you get them everywhere :lol:
nthclare
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Conor P » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Right the one way to improve that would be to get better light on you.
That was a good cast i am not able to beat it 0.0
Conor P

Postby nthclare » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:28 pm

Lol your not far behind me maybe some day ill get that all powerful pendulum swing going then Ill be able to tell people how good a caster I am now casting doubt is just about the only thing I can do about my ability to cast long distance lol.

I
nthclare
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 7 times

Return to Casting