Pollack on the fly

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

Pollack on the fly

Postby wrongfont » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Up to now have concentrated on bass only on the fly with luckily a few specimen bass (a couple up to 11lbs under my belt) and all always put back. However, would like to try pollack on the fly but because I fish always on my own and am not a member of a club (except Johnny NoMates) I'm not familiar with any good pollack marks near Cork - suitable for fly. I've tried a few likely spots but casting was difficult and no obvious great depths of water. Anybody care to drop me a PM re the above? I know there's a reluctance to share marks with total strangers but ALL fish will be returned and mark will NEVER be disclosed! In the meantime I'll keep wandering the headlands but am getting older and older!
wrongfont

Postby cortaz » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:19 am

hi
could try around knockadoon head, theres a right turn about .5 mile before the pier go the the end.
to your left to the flat ledges are good for pollock in close, fish a tide with h.w. an hour or 2 before dusk and fish the dusk. theres plenty of casting room.
to the right is very good for bass.
only 100/200 yards from car.
its also good for wrass/poll/mack/launce to float fishin .
i once cought a bore fish there.
cortaz..
cortaz
Convicted Poacher - No Shame

Have thanks: 131 times

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing