A few more Patterns

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

A few more Patterns

Postby Der Baron » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Sandeel

Hook is the 2/0 Tieimco 911s the shaft bent again to enable it to swim upside down. Body is a UV myler, overlayed with a silver/grey flashabou. I have laid a blue dun cock hackle down each side, but you can hardly see it in this picture. The beard is simply a couple of blue cock hackles, pulled through to form a beard. I have then added a little bit of red artic fox as cheeks behind the dumbbell eyes, which again have been deliberately mounted under the shank again, to enable the hook to swim upside down. The fly is then finished off with a bit of red globrite floss.
Image0063 (300x125).jpg
Image0063 (300x125).jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 640 times

Grey Shrimp

Very similar to the Cinnamon shrimp, but for some reason, I did find this a slightly harder pattern than the Cinnamon.
Hook size 2 Gamakatsu shrimp hook. Feelers are grey squirrel tail, overlayed with some pearl myler. The body is Orvis grey dubbing and a double blue dun hackle wound back down the shank, towards the eye. The eyes themselves are a short stem of mono (60lb) double over and tied in, trimmed to length then melted down and topped off with a bit of black varnish. I used the same veniard skin stretch only in a silver grey. This is ribbed with a silver myler, and the fly finished off with 2 small blue dun cock hackles for the tail.
Image0069 (300x150).jpg
Image0069 (300x150).jpg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Last edited by Der Baron on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DER BARON
Der Baron
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 13 times

Re: A few more Patterns

Postby FISHYFINGERS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 pm

EXCELLENT EFFORT, JUST NEED SOME HALF DECENT WEATHER TO GET THEM WET!!!!!!!!!!!!
FISHYFINGERS
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby Ocean Roar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:15 am

Really tempted to upgrade to saltwater fly gear and get some of these tied. They look amazing and I would be confident of them catching a big'un. :lol:
Ocean Roar
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby fish on » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:05 am

are thet for bass
fish on
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby Der Baron » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 am

fish on wrote:are thet for Bass

I have tied them with no particular species in mind, but that's the beauty of the sea. However due to the lack of bass up here I was hoping that the seatrout, wrasse and mullet, wouldn't mind having a go at the shrimp patterns.
DER BARON
Der Baron
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 13 times

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing