Help needed Liam

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

Help needed Liam

Postby Ed Burke » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:32 pm

Liam how ya doing? Did you get a new number yet? Mine is 0876793941. I bought a fly rod, a 9' 8 aftm Loomis and Franklin 4 piece for E66 on ebay. I am absolutely clueless so can you spell out in detail what lines, backing reel etc. I will be heading down to Kilkea over the Christmas on 28 and 29 to fish and drink. Any way give me a buzz. take it easy. Ed
Ed Burke

Postby Conor H » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:48 pm

You after Pollock on the fly Ed ? Read a few good articles about Kilkee. Will see if I still have them , scan them and forward them on if you want.
-----------------------------
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby MAC » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:41 pm

Ed,

Just in case Liam doesn't get a chance to read your posting I'll give you a did out. If your going for Pollock you'll need a fast sinking line. Your mentioned your rod is 8 AFTM, so go for an 8 line. You'll need backing to put on the line before the fly line. Go for braided backing. 20lb should be enough but if you have a decent size reel go for 30lb. That and a few flies should get you up and running for you trip to Kilkee. Let us all know how you get on.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby Conor H » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:59 pm

Ed,
There's a link on here about Kilkee. Different spelling , but may be same one. Sorry it took so long.

http://www.countrysportsandcountrylife. ... ngling.htm
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing