Switch to full style
Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.
Topic locked

flunder time

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:19 pm

anyone had a flounder yet on the fly this year?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:22 pm

:oops: shouldnt the topic heading have said flounder!!!!! my apologies.this dyslexia seems to b an epademic on here!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:05 pm

epademic .. is that anything like an epidemic ? :wink:

eye thyink youse shoold awl lern too spayll proper !
get a dixshunary fore Xmas !

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:39 pm

ha f*****g ha!!!!!!!!! not my fault i wa dropped on my head as a kid. anyway what about these flunder?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:03 pm

calm down there liam ! I was joking, maybe the new found dyslexia has cancelled out the sense of humour !
I take back my previous attempt at humour and apologise for any offence caused ! :cry:

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:14 pm

no offence caused at all!! my sarcasm must b as bad as my spelling!!!!lol

flounder on the fly

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:27 pm

HI Liam, H Rocks

Right, flounder on the fly is possible. I have found a crab pattern from Kenya that works really well, also took a wrasse this time last year (very late) off a small rocky beach in Mayo. Very improtant however that you fish with the currents, i.e. flounder will not chase any lure, fly, bait or spoon into a current.

FWIW...

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:34 pm

have u had any this winter yet kieran? have only had tiddles but have heard of turbot following flies!!!!! have u a pic of the crab patterns u have??

Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:01 pm

Kieran, Liam,
I was in with Frankie McPhillips a few weeks back (great fly tier). He has a few new patterns in for saltwater, they looked the business. Liam, you could contact him. He has a wee shop in the Buttermarket in Enniskillen. You can contact him through his website :-
http://www.fermanaghcraft.com/frankiemcphillips/
Topic locked