Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am
Hook: Size 2 shrimp hook or bend a normal hook which is what id did.
Thread: Danville mono thread.
Tail: Hackle feather.
Rib: Oval tinsel & Palmered hackle.
Eye's: Dumbell eye's.
Body: Tan dubbing.
1. First tie in some longish feathers snipped off a hackle feather.
2. Now tie in the oval ribbing
3. Now tie in the feather for palmering.
4. Then the dumbell eye's make sure they are very tight .
5. Next you want to add the dubbing to the fly and dubb it all the way to the eye of the hook.
6. Now you want to palmer the hackle all the way to the eye of the hook.
7. Now wrap the tinsel around the hook shank in the gaps between the turns of the palmered feathers or near them(only if you want to).
And tie off.
8. Now you want to cut off the feathers on the top half of the hook and down the side to create the effect of the leg's and feelers of the shrimp.
This is just a very basic shrimp pattern there are other more complicated and realistic patterns but this should work as well. Ive got no flatties with this yet im sure they would take it if they were there but ive had loads of pollack when fished around the kelp.
Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 am
looks cool jack and handy to tie. May knock out a few tomorrow. Hoping to get out sunday for a while. See how we get on against italy first... Could influence my ability to wade a cold estuary....!!!.... :P :P :cry: :cry: :D :D
Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am
dave armstrong wrote:looks cool jack and handy to tie. May knock out a few tomorrow. Hoping to get out sunday for a while. See how we get on against italy first... Could influence my ability to wade a cold estuary....!!!.... :P :P :cry: :cry: :D :D
Ha :lol: :lol:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:39 pm
Thats a great looking fly Jack. Must give it a try when I have a bit of time.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.