Thought id put up a step by step to make a gurgler.
Hook: Size 1.
Tail: Green Bucktail and Flashabou.
Foam: No idea from hobby shop.
Body: Blue Glitter Chenille
1. First tie in the tail towards the bend of the hook and some flashy stuff I've used bucktail here you can use any colour really.
2. Tie in the foam over where you tied in the tail. The foam should be a bit bigger than the eye of the hook.
3. Now tie in the the glitter chenille and wrap around the shank towards the eye. You can palmer a feather along the chenille as well to give it a bit more movement if you want.
4. Now fold the foam back over the hook and tie down quite tightly.
5. Then fold the foam back over itself to create a kind of loop with the foam and then tie off the and you nearly done.
6. With the scissors then cut the loop you made with the foam. Then you should have a seperate piece of foam on the top of the fly. This creates a bit of a bigger wake for they fly.
Sorry about the poor pictures took them a while ago with my phone so they are not the best. I can put up some more for decievers and clousers if you want as well and I might try a shrimp one as well. With better pictures. Any questions just ask i'll try to help.
Last edited by jack01986 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.