SSFF from Howth to Drogheda - anybody out there???

Probably the fastest growing arm of the sport, here is a forum dedicated to the art. Beginners like myself welcome.

Moderators: Tanglerat, lumpy

SSFF from Howth to Drogheda - anybody out there???

Postby loughlin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:18 pm

looking to hook up with someone for SSFF between howth and droheda - current marks are sutton - donabate - balbriggan - baltray.. the odd boat fishing too..
SSFF people hard to come by!!
any interests please reply..!!
loughlin

Postby Mick the fish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:26 am

Hello there! I fish Carlingford lough, if you're willing to come a bit further north?

Mick
Mick the fish

Postby MAC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 pm

I do a little myself. Have tried a few times this year from Howth... Only blanks I'm afraid :oops: . I do some lure fishing around this section of coastline and have caught a few Bass. They are there, but are hard work so I like to be able to cover more water with the lures and spinners.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

SWFF

Postby 9weight » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:07 pm

I've fished a few times near Donabate, and have also done some SWFF in the West - it usually comes second to my freshwater FF, but the way the weather has been this year...

Went out this morning and fished down Rogerstown Est. with fly, soft plastics and spinner, with no success - hooked and lost a fish on fly, but apart from that seemed like little to no activity other than mullet in the estuary. Plenty of small sandeel around but nothing harassing them. Met two guys down by the mouth who were bait fishing with crab and worm, and they hadn't a bite for several hours fishing.

Previously tried the fly off the rocks by Martello tower with no success.
9weight
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby anthony2carr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:39 pm

Serious Saltwater Fly fisherman. Hail from Donegal, but I work in Blackrock for 5 days a week.
anthony2carr
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Saltwater Fly Fishing