Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:07 pm

pete's gone lightweight.....! :( Something about a league comp starting off that day. Oh well.

Looks like there's going to be elbow room on the boat!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:01 pm

i am going lads, cricumsatances have changed and i am able to go

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Goodonyah! :D

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Tanglerat wrote:Goodonyah! :D

see ya there, just one question, what boat am i on, the charter or floatilla

what the times?

ok it was two questions

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:50 pm

Time to be confirmed, but prob around 8 or 9 kick-off.

Looks like we'll not need the flotilla, there'll be room for all on Bonito!

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:32 pm

whats the update, ie time, cost, rigs, gear, weather looks good so will we be hitting a wreck or two, looking forward to this and to putting names to faces

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 am

Spoke with Trevor last night, forgot to ask him how much he charges for the day. :(

Weather is looking good. We have several options on what to do:

Wrecking,

Flatties

Sharking with bottom fishing at the same time.

Trevor recommends Sharking for blues and porgies, and bottom fishng for mixed species. So, shark rods and rigs if you want, and strings of hokkais/build your fav rigs.

Bagsie me first shark run....... :D

Meet up at Meevagh at 8:30 for 9:00 start.

Marco is in, Alaister Wilson is out as in Petekd, conor h is on a late fitness check.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 pm

To recap the crew:

Me :D
Sandman
LSD
MC
Marco
conorH possibly, depending on how his injuries feel.

There's room if one or two others want on. pm me pronto and let me know.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:09 pm

370 yos for the day T !

Though it may be more for sharking - most skippers charge a bit extra for sharking from what I see.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:18 pm

Conor H wrote:370 yos for the day T !

Though it may be more for sharking - most skippers charge a bit extra for sharking from what I see.

i hope thats not each :shock: as for shark gear as long as i can borrow a hook and wire trace, i bags the second run

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:16 pm

If it was 370 a day EACH, I'd have bought a bigger boat and started chartering myself !! :D

370 yos for the day ! Well, that's what my 6 trips this year with Trevor cost.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:02 pm

Nearly there guys, nearly there. :D

Conor's ribs are still not right, and going out to sea to wrestle with big fish wouldn't be a good idea, so he's dropping out. I could hear the regret and wistfulness in his pm.......... :(

Anyhoo, looks like it's gonna be me, Sandman, LSD, MC and Marco on the day. That makes it a bit more expensive, but there'll be more elbow room each on thge boat and a better chance at a shark run per angler.

Roll on Sunday. :D

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 pm

Tanglerat wrote:Nearly there guys, nearly there. :D

Conor's ribs are still not right, and going out to sea to wrestle with big fish wouldn't be a good idea, so he's dropping out. I could hear the regret and wistfulness in his pm.......... :(

Anyhoo, looks like it's gonna be me, Sandman, LSD, MC and Marco on the day. That makes it a bit more expensive, but there'll be more elbow room each on thge boat and a better chance at a shark run per angler.

Roll on Sunday. :D

no worries, sorry you cant make it Conor, maybe next time mate
ps know what busted ribs feel like

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:41 am

This should be the absolute last and latest update: Sandman's bruv LSD's father-in-law is on for it as well. That makes six anglers, which is a nice crew load.

Weather is looking good, so after I speak with Trevor tonight I'll phone everyone to confirm.

See youse all at 8:30 tomorrow!

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:08 pm

How did ye get on ? Please tell me it was a waste of time ! :wink:

Gerry, you any plans for Saturday ? I might be heading up to St.Johns for a bit of wrasse wrestling with Cassie and his brother ! I'll hold off posting the bass flies - if you can make it I'll give you them there.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Complete disaster! :( :( :( :( :(

Trevor phoned me mid afternoon on saturday, apologising that he had double-booked us with the Screaming Reels Club. We got bumped off. :( :(

Ah Well, these things happen. By the time I got another boat lined up, Caitlin Marie with Pol McGonigle out of Kincasslagh, the crew had sundered.

Marco got out with Anglea in lough Swill, sounded like he had a good enough day out.

Got a trip report for us, marco?

Will let you know later about Saturday, was thinking about trying Kerrykeel for Rays.