SAI trip to Iceland!

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

Postby Mr_Green » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:58 pm

ur really pushing the iceland thing man...r u getting comission??
Mr_Green

lol

Postby skippyiceland » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:28 pm

i live in iceland i am british but got isck of not getting anything worth while there so i moved to iceland and started up fishing holidays

what u think of our fish
skippyiceland

Postby pete » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi u mate, are you Peter Thain?
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

hi

Postby skippyiceland » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:04 pm

no i am not peter
skippyiceland

Postby alby » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Well I've been doing my homework about the trip and finally got something concrete to put down based on cheapest possible way.

Flight Departing Thursday May 22 (1pm) Heathrow - Reykavik Returning Tuesday May 27 (7:40 am) - €260

B & B Accomodation, Guiding (from Peter & Steve, both very experienced and know the area very well), Bait, Rod hire & transport to Marks - €750

Well it's gonna be a tenner over a grand and ye can get yourselves to and from London but the prices of the Flights couldn't be any better and even to go a few days after they literally treble in price.

I'll have to let Peter & Steve know how many are planning on going by about Friday 8th June, so can I have the definites post here or PM me before then to put a final figure on things and we can book our own flights from there, (by all accounts the earlier you book the better because the flights rocket up in price :roll: ).

The lads have a website up and running take a look to whet the appetite - http://www.dreamfish.is

Perhaps pencil a SAI meet in for Keflavik next May!!!!
alby
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 215 times

Postby Marco » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Pencil me in Alby.
SAI SAC
FISH - an animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 56 times

Postby teacher » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:20 pm

I'm in.
"Pier fishing was, indeed, an eccentric, unproductive and extremely dull occupation, and even if we'd posessed the necessary heavy plant we decided not to attempt it." Chris Yates, Out of the Blue.
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Marco » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Alby,

I have 3 more lads that are interested, when do you want to book flights etc.
SAI SAC
FISH - an animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Postby Marco » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Alby,

I have 3 more lads that are interested, when do you want to book flights etc.
SAI SAC
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Postby Rockhopper » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:07 am

Ive spoken to Peter Thain a few times since he moved to Iceland a few months back....he said the fishing is fantastic...told me it would help me stop smoking...he said the as soon as the lead hits the water you have a fish on....no time to light a cigarette :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not sure when, but myself and my son are definitly going out there.

I know a few guys who went out there in the early 90's, they came back with the same story and some great photographs......it must be one of the real hot spots left on the planet....even Florida has an off season....not so Iceland, I'm told.

Tom.
Rockhopper

Postby jparicka » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm

I'm also quite interested. Let me first go through this forum to figure out dates, cost and then I'll come up a definite yes / no. Cheers.
jparicka

Postby samo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:36 pm

has this taken place yet? id would love to go. can some one give me exact details if it hasnt.
Wish list for 2015: sword tail, black Molly, horny cobbler
samo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 92 times

Postby Conor P » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:42 pm

Will there be one in 2009?
As u know I'm 11 and I don't have a job so i'll need to save up pocket money, and my dad won't bother his arse to save, so I'll have to pay for us both :lol:

And I can't save up fast enough for this year
Conor P

Previous

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats