Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:09 pm

been playin with lego all morning myself :D ! 9well me and my 2yr old !

see yawl later at the port

bs

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:32 am

report........fishing was crap!
quite a few small coalies , whiting and flounder plus a small bass.
encouraging to see a decent turn out though.

EAST STRAND

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:07 am

HEY PHIL
Told you to stop usin rubber hooks specially size 5000/0s
on a brighter note i ended up having a cast down at were i get the bait and had seven flounders all between 270mms and 320mms also coalies to 270mms and small pin whiting it was one cold night matey,
i hope to come to the nex meet. i fished at carnlough on wednesdy eve a won with two nice coalies 34 & 30cms, also on tuesday caught around 40pin whiting at carrick harbour at the club winter league by the way ask lee how many him and bobby caught :lol: :lol: :lol:
c.u soon

Re: EAST STRAND

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:25 pm

STUART LANGRIDGE wrote:HEY PHIL
Told you to stop usin rubber hooks specially size 5000/0s
on a brighter note i ended up having a cast down at were i get the bait and had seven flounders all between 270mms and 320mms also coalies to 270mms and small pin whiting it was one cold night matey,
i hope to come to the nex meet. i fished at carnlough on wednesdy eve a won with two nice coalies 34 & 30cms, also on tuesday caught around 40pin whiting at carrick harbour at the club winter league by the way ask lee how many him and bobby caught :lol: :lol: :lol:
c.u soon

was pretty dul fishing...wuznt it although think i caught the most fish asd per usual 8) 8) 8)

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:59 pm

Thats only cos I wasn't there HC... 8)

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:46 pm

k2 you should know better ,you know what they say about someone blowing there own trumpet.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Not sure whether the following belongs on this forum or the tips and Tricks one, but here goes.

Phil, let Stuart pick the mark for the northern meets. :lol:

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:03 pm

could not be any worse than where philip picked,very cold very tiny fish and generally not a good venue at this time of year.
Last edited by beachcaster on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:25 pm

2 16'8 Beachcasters and neither of them has been on a beach :shock:

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:02 pm

beachcaster.... its normally a good enough mark this time of year and there are records to prove it!! plus there arent really many other places producing a good stamp of fish around the area.
yes the fish were small but sure it was mostly a fish a cast, at least it got you out on to a beach for a change!!!! :lol: ..... i didnt see too many other suggestions being posted and everyone was happy to go there before the meet, i cant wave a magic wand and produce bigger fish to be there !!

good to see a good turnout at the meet for a change anyhow!

it must be lee's turn to organise the next one???...... :wink:

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:31 pm

no one can guarantee fish at this time of year from any mark mate,all in all it was a good night and a good turnout by the guys.the fish alough small where there in numbers and i dont think anyone blanked.from now on it will be a lot harder to pick a venue but its the time of year and the fish are not there in any numbers.why even in the boat saturday you all did not get very much so what chance have we shore men.heres to the next one.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:53 pm

How about Carrick harbour for the next one as nobody is expecting to catch much anyway - at least I can go home and get warmed up every once in a while! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kiddin, think that the last one was well organised as it's the best turn out I have heard of for a forum meet. Decide early on the date and venue and hopefully the fish will follow. Besides, I thought the whole idea was to meet up with fellow forum users, put a face to the name and hopefully catch some fish ( and slag Andy and Phil into the ground ) :!:

I agree with Sandman, let Stuarty pick the next one. Feburary is going to be a tough one as not all venues have enough space for everyone so best to draw from his vast experience ( you don't get to HIS age without learning something! ). :wink:

Lee

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:53 pm

well lee, just when you mention goin down that way for the next one i think its only fair, as the last few meets have mostly been on the north coast and most of the forum users that have been attending are from the belfast area!!
who cares if its only aload of pin whiting you are catching or whatever, february will be really slow up here wherever you go?
only fair to save a load of you guys having all the driving to do for once, and who knows, we might even get some of the co.down lads to attend as well!im not sure of marks (productive or not!) in and around the belfast lough area, or is it even worthwhile considering?
just a few ideas for next time....?

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:45 pm

you could always try Whitehead. its roughish ground so coalies should be about along with big rockling and possible dogs.....just an idea

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:55 pm

we must just have fished the wrong bit! as isaid the east strand should produce this time of year and it did.....the following night though!!!

2 mates fished just slightly further up the beach than we did and got a pile of fish with the general size of half the fish similar to us but quite a lot of good founder and whiting, some of the whiting up to 37 cm!!!

ah well!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:26 am

Same as last Januarys inter provincial youth Phil, johnny gilbert had 28 whiting all between 270 & 300mm, and the young girl jade from munster had five crackin flounder including a 49cm specimen, its a hard venue to beat for this time of year :wink: