Re: wexford, probably ennereilly, courtown or roney point

Postby myworldfishing » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Some people just like showing off lol :wink:
myworldfishing
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 125 times

Postby corbyeire » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

any chance your fishing during the day tomorrow - would be interested in fishing courtown?
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Postby jhcabs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm

You'll be the one laughing on Monday, if i blank the whole weekend and come home broke ;)
jhcabs
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 76 times

Postby jhcabs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:15 pm

corbyeire wrote:any chance your fishing during the day tomorrow - would be interested in fishing courtown?

HW LW HW LW
01:58 08:57 14:35 21:25
1.1 m 0.9 m 1.1 m 0.9 m

I was thinking of fishing the last 1/2 hours of the ebb around 19.30 in the evening through on to the flood 21.25 up until when ever i can still keep my eyes open ;)

Could be worth fishing for an hour or two around 12pm but i usually find courtown crap during the day but i don't mind. I'm staying in Tara Cove so its pretty close to me. Let me know what suits you though
jhcabs
SAI Hammerhead

Postby daveyboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm

jhcabs wrote:
corbyeire wrote:any chance your fishing during the day tomorrow - would be interested in fishing courtown?

HW LW HW LW
1.1 m 0.9 m 1.1 m 0.9 m

I was thinking of fishing the last 1/2 hours of the ebb around 19.30 in the evening through on to the flood 21.25 up until when ever i can still keep my eyes open ;)

How's it going? Did you get the tide times off easytide? If so think you need to add another hr for Summertime so it would be 22:25 for low water.

Do you know are the beaches around Courtown/Ballymoney any good for the last few hrs of the ebb or is it best to wait till the start of the flood?
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby jhcabs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 pm

daveyboy wrote:
jhcabs wrote:

HW LW HW LW
1.1 m 0.9 m 1.1 m 0.9 m

How's it going? Did you get the tide times off easytide? If so think you need to add another hr for Summertime so it would be 22:25 for low water.

Do you know are the beaches around Courtown/Ballymoney any good for the last few hrs of the ebb or is it best to wait till the start of the flood?

Thanks fr the easy tide advice. All the different weather sites are really starting to annoy me as they all seem to conflict on wind direction, rain and tides. at least they don't screw the moon sphases up ;)

I'm not sure when it fishes best to be honest. only fished it a few times this year. however so far its most productive on the flood at night. (blanked the days) Peeler crab seems to be the key bait. The ray i got where low tide though. don't ask me why :0 the underwater terrain has changed a lot in the last two weeks. there must have been some rough weather there during the storm
jhcabs
SAI Hammerhead

Postby jhcabs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 pm

jhcabs wrote:
daveyboy wrote:
jhcabs wrote:

HW LW HW LW
1.1 m 0.9 m 1.1 m 0.9 m

Thanks fr the easy tide advice. All the different weather sites are really starting to annoy me as they all seem to conflict on wind direction, rain and tides. at least they don't screw the moon sphases up ;)

I'm not sure when it fishes best to be honest. only fished it a few times this year. however so far its most productive on the flood at night. (blanked the days) Peeler crab seems to be the key bait. The ray i got where low tide though. don't ask me why :0 the underwater terrain has changed a lot in the last two weeks. there must have been some rough weather there during the storm

I know a great bass spot not too far away either that i'm thinking of trying again this weekend. its pretty hard to get to though. been using google maps trying to find another safer route and i think i got one. last two times i nearly killed myself. nearly feel off the rocks and wadded to deep and the wadders started filling with water.

For this message the author jhcabs has received thanks:
paul skelly (Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:12 pm)
jhcabs
SAI Hammerhead

Postby daveyboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Best of luck with it
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby davybrown99 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Where you going this evening or tonight
davybrown99
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby jhcabs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

davybrown99 wrote:Where you going this evening or tonight

Sorry only got to see this today. i have no 3G or internet down in ballymoney where i was staying. Had a great weekend. 7 pound bass on the friday and 3.5 pound ray on the saturday night. going to put up a report shortly. send me a pm with your number and we can meet up another evening. I'm going to be down regularly until nov. cheers
jhcabs
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats