looking for a fishing partner for south dublin or wicklow

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Hoping to get out this weekend for the spring tides. probably saturday and or sunday. Was thinking of digging bait at low tide in sandymount and either fish there, or somehwhere in north wicklow. don't know many good shore marks in north wicklow so open to suggestions.

Would be great to get to know some people on the forum

Re: looking for a fishing partner for south dublin or wicklow

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 pm

the big fish bomber comp is on sat night ,why not go and try your luck ? great prizes for 25 euro entrance fee and food available too 8) you will meet lots of anglers from all over everywhere 8)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 pm

that sounds great! wheres it on, times etc?

Cheers

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

wait scratch that.. just found it

Date: Saturday the 18th August
Venue: Clones/Kilgorman, Co Wexford
Time: 7pm - 11pm
Entry: E25 per head

I'll try look out for you mate. I was swimming in clones last week so i know where an outflow in the sandbar is :)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

ive never fished in a comp before. do you get to choose your peg or it drawn from a hat?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am

you draw your peg before hand ,the earlier you get their the more choice you have ,sometimes good ,sometimes not :lol: after that its up to you to do your stuff :lol:
you will need a match measure and a pen and a headlight,sounds stupid telling you this but it amazes me how many times lads turn up with none of the above :lol:
p.s check in is best done well before the start time i.e 5.30 to 6.15 to give you time to get to your peg and set up :wink:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm

roger de dodger wrote:you draw your peg before hand ,the earlier you get their the more choice you have ,sometimes good ,sometimes not :lol: after that its up to you to do your stuff :lol:
you will need a match measure and a pen and a headlight,sounds stupid telling you this but it amazes me how many times lads turn up with none of the above :lol:
p.s check in is best done well before the start time i.e 5.30 to 6.15 to give you time to get to your peg and set up :wink:

I actually arrived down and fished for a while by myself 4.30pm. the weed was terrible and i was having so many problems with shockleader knot coming undone. i have never had knots come undone on my ever. i couldn't figure it out. i blamed the line i bought. yeah it wasn't my fault ;)

Anyway it drove me nuts and then realized i picked the worng end of the beach to set up. that was it for me so i called it a night. didn't mind though cause i got a lovely 6-7 smoothie on teh sunday night to make up for it.

I saw the nice smoothie being pulled out though at the comp. early on it was where the point in the beach was. i watched that point flood from low water. i'd say there was good fishing in it later on that night