new mark north conamara south mayo

Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi all ive been looking at a beach on google earth that i reckon it has never seen a rod and line.. the beach is a about 1km walk from the car hidden in around a head land... im planning to fish it this wednesday from about 11am till late in around 10 or 11pm... if anyoone is interested.... pm me... can pick you up in galway area if needed......

new mark north conamara south mayo

Tue May 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Alan just mind your car ;) the farmer that owns the land surrounding the beach has erected fencing right down to the waterline you can access it but he's approached people before including non angling day trippers trying to claim the beach as private property etc etc he closed off a historical right of way across the headland and the county council left it to long to act so the headland is now private property... might be worth calling to the house beforehand and talking with him I know he's let a couple of lads fish away without issue once they'd approached him first but there might have been a bottle of whiskey that exchanged hands... It's a real shame as its a fabulous beach and one that's produced some fantastic fishing for a boat anchored just off it which included an SAI forum member ;)

Re: new mark north conamara south mayo

Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 pm

is this the beach near to silver and white strand?
ive heard its a top spot for fishing but sadly its true about the landowner i think there was an issue a long time back with quads and dirtbikes disturbing hes livestock