Switch to full style
Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...
Topic locked

Looking for a Crew, Co Antrim

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Would anyone be interested in getting 4 or 5 Anglers together for a Trip on the Lady Lynda this side of Christmas? think it's £200 for the day so it would be £40 or £50 for the day... Would be hoping to get the skipper to take us to deep water for Spurs and stuff?

Re: Looking for a Crew, Co Antrim

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:22 pm

im game, its been years since ive been out on a boat other than mackerel bashing so i may need some advice regarding the best tacke to use

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Brilliant man, how's the leg?

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm

all cured, had my second operation last friday and was back on the motorbike on monday, it good to have my freedom back, though this does mean i now have to go back to work :(

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:26 pm

yngkmd wrote:im game, its been years since ive been out on a boat other than mackerel bashing so i may need some advice regarding the best tacke to use

good to read you're on the mend, there are a few basics, just don't go overboard :P
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/traces%28b%29.htm
http://www.worldseafishing.com/boat/
I normally fish a simple 3hook baited Sabiki rig tostart with, fresh caught mack would be an advantage.
8-12oz lead bumping from the bottom on the drift gives you a good chance of hooking a variety of fish.
Check out the Shamrock brand, Kilmore Killlers work a treat even for spurs, ling, cod, wrasse etc. are all a possibility, over anchor you could try a 2 hook flowing trace with a whole mack fillet for huss or other bottom dwellers.
Make sure your snoods are at up to your target, use steel if in doubt, you never know what's lurking down there.
Basically, it depends what you're after and the area where you going out from. Good luck and tight lines!
Most important: stay safe, wear proper safety equipment, flotation suit, west, boots...you know what I mean!

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm

thanks for the links, usually my boat tactics weren't any more varies than baited hokkais or muppets and a pirk if the situation allows

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:17 am

yngkmd wrote:thanks for the links, usually my boat tactics weren't any more varies than baited hokkais or muppets and a pirk if the situation allows

mackerel bashing sounds cruel :shock:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 am

theres a difference between being out on a boat and catching some fresh bait and bouncing mackerel of walls in carrick harbour :lol:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:10 am

I would be definitely on for this, put me down please :!:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:11 pm

yip i'll be on for this too!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 am

So far thats Brian, Scrob, Chuck and Myself... Anyone else? 8)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Well up for this, where in antrim does she launch out of? Have only been out twice so far this year, long overdue!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 pm

It's a Ballycastle boat mate... well known for big fish...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:45 pm

it would be dependant on dates, but i may be interested, havent been out with sean in years now. most of my fishing out there was done with 50lb class gear at anchor for spurs and skate.200-300lb mono, o'shaughnessy hooks, up to 4.5lb of lead etc etc....

let us know of possible dates u could get drew..

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Ok mate, I'll give him a shout during the week....

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:14 pm

apparently sean hasnt had a skate in 5 years. is a good skipper though and trys hard so you have a good day. must say use full mackerel baits anything smaller will end up in the neck of doggies, doggies and more doggies. big heavy mono leaders and braided mainline is a must very deep water hope yas have a great day

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:32 am

What date you thinking of Drew? I am out of action first weekend December. What about last weekend November?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm

me da says to put him down as well

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:43 pm

with all this chat i think that im goin to have to update the deep sea fishin gear i have... :oops:

any dates yet Drew?
hope these winds die down!!! :roll:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 pm

ye only had to ask Drew :D
Topic locked