New to the site.And new to sea fishing

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

New to the site.And new to sea fishing

Postby chris84 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi, went sea fishing on the mersey in england at the weekend and have the buzz for it now,only thing is i'm in laois so if anyone travels from this area and wants someone to tag along let me know.Next year i hope to buy some gear but baby on the way so money is tight so if you had a spare rod it would be even better.
2011 list-whiting ,Dab ,Flounder ,5 Bearded rockling ,Thorn back ray ,Codling ,Dogfish.
2012 list- (2) codling (8) Whiting (3) Dab (1) scorpion fish (2)5 Bearded rockling
chris84
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 10 times

Re: New to the site.And new to sea fishing

Postby chris84 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Going to buy a rod and reel in next few days,anyone suggest best place to look
2011 list-whiting ,Dab ,Flounder ,5 Bearded rockling ,Thorn back ray ,Codling ,Dogfish.
2012 list- (2) codling (8) Whiting (3) Dab (1) scorpion fish (2)5 Bearded rockling
chris84
SAI Bait Ball

Postby taz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 pm

hey chris have a look on this site for gear for sale or check out go into local tackle shop and have a look at some beach casters and reels to get a idea of what you would want . i got my first one in lidl i think it was €40 for rod and reel reel is still going and the rod was brill till it got ran over . most angling shops will do a beach caster and reel set for around €60 euro ok for starting off with
life tastes better through a pineapple

speices 2011 whiting ,flounder, cod , coalie,,shore rockling , LsD,pollock,mack ,dab turbot sea trout ,bull huss ,3 rockling , wrasse

egg and my face were in alignment
taz
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby dezzer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 pm

hi,there is a fishing and shooting shop in port laois,over a butchers near the court house,and also griffith haw in athy,john o briens in waterford has very good stock,but you will buy second hand on the foruns here,also have a look at the online shops,much cheaper,eddie..............
dezzer
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 39 times

Postby onur » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 am

I dont drive ,but love fishing i am also living portlaoise, if you willing to drive, i am willing to share petrol,diezel,biodizel,etc :D :D :D
living poertlaoise a little bit pain for fishing but one good point for laoise in 2 hour max you could find good spot.include wexford, waterford and also cork.
I will be avalible nearly every weekend but you have to call me minimum 3 days advence because every weekend i go fishing with my mate from Dublin,
Usally we go waterford or wexford area ,
if you wanna join us you are more than wellcome.
If you do not wanna drive long distance and if you like lake fishing,Jhon's place is 20 minute drive from portlaoise ,also ireccon you know already strabally lake for trout.
keep fishing before baby because after then you will hard to find time scarch your head :D :D :D (trust me on that i have 3 of them )
good luck for the baby
onur
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby chris84 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 am

onur wrote:I dont drive ,but love fishing i am also living portlaoise, if you willing to drive, i am willing to share petrol,diezel,biodizel,etc :D :D :D
living poertlaoise a little bit pain for fishing but one good point for laoise in 2 hour max you could find good spot.include wexford, waterford and also cork.
I will be avalible nearly every weekend but you have to call me minimum 3 days advence because every weekend i go fishing with my mate from Dublin,
Usally we go waterford or wexford area ,
if you wanna join us you are more than wellcome.
If you do not wanna drive long distance and if you like lake fishing,Jhon's place is 20 minute drive from portlaoise ,also ireccon you know already strabally lake for trout.
keep fishing before baby because after then you will hard to find time scarch your head :D :D :D (trust me on that i have 3 of them )
good luck for the baby

Yes mate would love to,need to get a rod and that first,i'm more into course fishing but like all aspects of fishing,was fishing on the mersey last week with my brother enjoyed it.
Yeah i don't mind driving at all i've nothing else to do,Do you ever go boat fishing,wanted to do that for awhile now.
chris84
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats