Re: Charter with Colin Barnes

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 pm

boycie89 wrote:i have colin booked this saturday and again on the 10th of april so i will let you gents know how we do!

How did you get on?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Pat wrote:
boycie89 wrote:i have colin booked this saturday and again on the 10th of april so i will let you gents know how we do!

How did you get on?

We went to two wrecks, both had nets on them, we stayed with the second wreck as the nets were set off the wreck.

These two were caught there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:54 am

Jeez,

Well done Donal!!!

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:44 am

Hey Donal, did you caught them both at the same time on same rig?

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 am

Tomaszek wrote:Hey Donal, did you caught them both at the same time on same rig?

No, one at a time was hard enough
Both taken on shads about 60 turns from the bottom

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

donal domeney wrote:one at a time was hard enough

I can imagine that. Than it means that you had twice as much fun since you fought big fish twice :)

Well done!

Wed May 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Short notice for this but one possibly two spaces for this trip on Saturday. If someone wants to come along then gimme a ring. If not then we'll enjoy the extra space :)

My number is 086 3202338

Thu May 06, 2010 12:00 am

talking bout haddock i see a lad from cork in this months sea angler broke the irish record for a haddock after 44 yrs.the record was 10lb 13oz but now stands at 11lb 14oz.whopping fish

Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 am

saving private brian wrote:talking bout haddock i see a lad from cork in this months sea angler broke the irish record for a haddock after 44 yrs.the record was 10lb 13oz but now stands at 11lb 14oz.whopping fish

Not bad going for a former Irish International shore angler :D :D :D :D

Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am

[quote="saving private brian"]talking bout haddock i see a lad from cork in this months sea angler broke the irish record for a haddock after 44 yrs.the record was 10lb 13oz but now stands at 11lb 14oz.whopping fish[/quote

It was broken while out with Colin Barnes, one of the reasons why it was being mentioned on this thread.

Wed May 12, 2010 7:17 pm

How did ye get on?

Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello Pat,
Was fairly lumpy out there, with a stiff northeast breeze. Colin tried to anchor a few times but the elements beat his best efforts. Filled the bottom of a fish box with mack for bait, that was it :cry:

Hope ye have a better day out in June.

Blackie

Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 pm

hard luck, hope the water warms up during the next few weeks, still nice to get out.

Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 pm

That's unlucky, but thats how wreck trips can go.

Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Still an enjoyable few hours, we got plenty sea air and caught dinner. Colin's chat makes you hungry for the next chance.

Blackie