Fishing in Cork tonight?

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

Fishing in Cork tonight?

Postby daminim » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Lads,

Im in Cork this evening - just for one night - the rods in the back of the van, and i was wondering if anyone is heading to any spots in and around cork tonight? if so - where the hell are they!?

BTW - went to donegal last weekend - found a brilliant little private pier - caught dogs and macks, but wast there long enough, and im sure i would have caught more!! :P haha...

anyhow..comeon cork anglers - where are yous!

Conor
There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with a fisherman? - Woody Allen
daminim
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Fishing in Cork tonight?

Postby beachbuddy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi there,
for what its worth i've been battling the elements the last 2 evenings[for a half dozen flounder] and unless you like fishing for kelp i'd give it a miss,all the beaches in east cork are a mess and unfortunately due to all the rain the estuary marks which are sheltered are now a lovely chocolate colour. :twisted:
Maybe i'm wrong but if it were me i'd give it a skip it just is'nt worth it at the min,give it a week or so for the weed to settle then give things a lash. :wink:
Tight lines
beachbuddy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 264 times

Postby thescotsman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm with marlinman on this one, was out Monday and got weeded off two beaches, so gave up after a few casts, must be even worse today. Doubt it's much better further west either? If you're desperate for a fish, maybe off one of the piers around might be worth a go?
2019 Species (8): Whiting, Coalfish, Dogfish, Bass, Coalfish, Dab, Lesser Spined Sea Scorpion, 5 Bearded Rockling
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Postby daminim » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Lads - i gave it a miss - it was a horrible evening and i couldnt face heading out in the rain! Thanks anyhow!

Conor
There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with a fisherman? - Woody Allen
daminim
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats