Dunlaoighre Boat Trip

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

Re: Dunlaoighre Boat Trip

Postby Mohawk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 pm

JOHN1 wrote:things all quiet now. i found his offer of a cheap :shock: day out on another forum i think he is gone in the head full charter prices by the looks of it :lol: :lol: :lol: you would charter a boat in kilmore for what he is looking for and you would get a few fish down there :wink:

Price would depend on the amount of people interested.

Boat would be let to me & costs divided between us.
More people less to pay.
Guranteed to be a cheap day out & good craic.

I'm just throwing this out there at the moment. I am meeting the chap who has the boat at the weekend to finalise deal.

All I want out of this is a regular fishing trip that does not cost the world.

I estimate no more than €50 -€55 per head for 4- 6 hrs fishing. less than a €10 an hour.

Guranteed to be a cheap day out I thought he said at a fraction of the cost of a charter what was he compaing his prices to the Queen Mary :lol: :lol: 4 hours for 55 Euros in October or as a matter of fact even at peak season is daylight robbery :evil: :evil:
“Travel, Stay, Fish & Play”
Mohawk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby smcshane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies & insight into this it has proven to be more hassle than its worth.
Instead I have decided to opt out of this & buy my own boat.

I would like to mention that I did have this post on boards.ie angling forum & it was never my intention to make money out of this but just rather get to know a few lads & share the costs of the boat without paying the costs of a full charter.

I will probably advertise again when I have my own boat & put everything in bold caps lock & simplify what it is I am saying. On the other hand it is good to know that this site is very active. I have gained a lot more info & knowledge from reading other peoples posts.

Thanks again for all your replies but this will be a non runner for me.

If anyone has a boat & goes out regular at the weekends then I would b more than happy to share the fuel expenses with them & have a bit of Craic & you never know might even catch a fish or two.
smcshane
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Mohawk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:02 pm

smcshane wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for the replies & insight into this it has proven to be more hassle than its worth.
Instead I have decided to opt out of this & buy my own boat.

I would like to mention that I did have this post on boards.ie angling forum & it was never my intention to make money out of this but just rather get to know a few lads & share the costs of the boat without paying the costs of a full charter.

I will probably advertise again when I have my own boat & put everything in bold caps lock & simplify what it is I am saying. On the other hand it is good to know that this site is very active. I have gained a lot more info & knowledge from reading other peoples posts.

Thanks again for all your replies but this will be a non runner for me.

If anyone has a boat & goes out regular at the weekends then I would b more than happy to share the fuel expenses with them & have a bit of Craic & you never know might even catch a fish or two.

To buy a boat then advertise to the public to get people to cover the costs would be viewed by the authorities and insurance companies as chartering and could certainly get you in hot water!

The cost of buying, insuring, maintaining, berthing and getting any relevant qualifications required are going to be expensive, and if cost is an issue which it seems to be then would it not be a better plan to advertise and get a group of like minded people together and use charter boats? You could even car pool and travel to different parts of the country for each trip have the craic, catch some fish, get away from it all and have a few jars etc and have no worries about the boat, get a group of 8 to ten people and it will work out cheaper than your initial plans, I'm sure you'll find a few takers on here :idea:
Mohawk
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby smcshane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks Mohawk,

Appreciate the advice.

I’m not entirely new to the whole Sea angling thing, In fact I have a little over 23 years experience & I have fished countless competitions..
I was a member of the Cobh sea Angling club for 15 years or so however met a girl & moved to Dublin where the fishing is not as good.
I was never intending on making a profit or any sort of financial gain.
I m not interested in travelling down the country to go out on a boat as both my father & brother who live in cork have boats & it costs me nothing to go out on these.
I am going to buy my own boat in fact going to see one this weekend.
Not the first boat I will own so I am familiar with insurance etc.
I like fishing & wanted to find a few like minded people in Dublin just looking to get out for a few hours fishing at the weekend.
I am not a member of any club here yet but will join one & maybe meet people who are into the same or share the same view as me.

Thanks to all who shared their opinions.
smcshane
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Cormdogg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Bellavista?
2010 - Whiting, Dogfish, 3 bearded Rockling, Shore Rockling, Pollock, Dab, Plaice, Launce, Sea Scorpion, Goby, Gunnel, Codling, Red Cod, Smooth Hound, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse
Cormdogg
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby JOHN1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Cormdogg wrote:Bellavista?

cork harbour self drive small boat hire :wink:
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Postby Mohawk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

smcshane wrote:Thanks Mohawk,

Appreciate the advice.

I’m not entirely new to the whole Sea angling thing, In fact I have a little over 23 years experience & I have fished countless competitions..
I was a member of the Cobh sea Angling club for 15 years or so however met a girl & moved to Dublin where the fishing is not as good.
I was never intending on making a profit or any sort of financial gain.
I m not interested in travelling down the country to go out on a boat as both my father & brother who live in cork have boats & it costs me nothing to go out on these.
I am going to buy my own boat in fact going to see one this weekend.
Not the first boat I will own so I am familiar with insurance etc.
I like fishing & wanted to find a few like minded people in Dublin just looking to get out for a few hours fishing at the weekend.
I am not a member of any club here yet but will join one & maybe meet people who are into the same or share the same view as me.

Thanks to all who shared their opinions.

Ahh, small world I know your brother with the same initials as yourself :wink:
Mohawk
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby brianbru » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:18 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
Cormdogg wrote:Bellavista?

cork harbour self drive small boat hire :wink:

probably one of the best self drive hire you will get, brand new warrior 175's.
"i always find the fish"
brianbru
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby shamoo0804 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 pm

smcshane,

Wellcome to the site.

Let me know when you have your boat purchased, I'd be up for a few trips, and it goes without saying I'll make a donation to fuel costs.

Been on the look out for my own boat for sometime now, hoping the winter brings a few bargains out of the woodwork .

Be interested to hear what you are buying, and why :wink:
shamoo0804
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 42 times

Previous

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats