Anyone fancy wreck fishing out of Downings this weekend?

Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:43 am

We're thinking of booking Michael McVeigh's boat out of Downings on Sunday (14th November) but we've only got about half a crew at this stage. Anyone interested in joining us?

The boat is one of the best and Michael is a good skipper. Most likely fishing a wreck or the lineburner (or both). It's 350 Euro the boat, so around 35 to 40 each depending on numbers.

Need to know by Thursday.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:30 pm

what time will you be getting back to shore at ?

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:11 pm

Two questions :

1. Does he supply rods reels etc?
2. What time are you planning on heading out?

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:25 pm

Arthur,
Seems to be a bit of interest in this trip.
How places are available?

Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:36 am

Arthur,

I'm OK for Sunday for sure now. Will contact you tomorrow / friday.

John.

Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:52 pm

Arthur, wont make it, I'll be suffering ! Mother in law's 50th on Saturday night ! If I can't bump her off, I might as well celebrate her birthday ! :twisted:

Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:15 pm

Sorry boys, I was down in Dublin yesterday and never got near the board.

It's 2p.m. Thursday as I'm posting this. As it stands just now there are five confirmed - myself, JGF, Hugo, Liam & friend. We need eight to ten to make it feasible.

There will be plenty of gear available - apart from what's on the boat we always carry far too much and are more than happy to lend it out and offer any advice needed. We often need more advice than we can offer! We don't take it too seriously, hoping for a bit of fun as well as some fish!

We will probably be aiming to get out by about 9:00a.m. with a good high tide about 20 past 12. We'll be back in by about 4:30p.m. or 5:00 - no later. CANCEL TIDE TIMES - LOOKED AT DUBLIN TIMES INSTEAD OF DONEGAL! ........................ (Ed. flaming amateur!)

If you are interested please get in touch with me as soon as possible, either by posting here or even better by sending me a private message (it flashes up so that I don't miss it). If you leave a number I'll give you a call.

Thanks,

Arthur

Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:57 pm

Did you get out? Catch anything?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:12 pm

Arthur,
Did you get out with Michael and if so did you go on the wrecks. I had considered it might be a 4 to 6 Stugeron type of day being so late in the year,Let's hear what happened
Joe

Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:55 pm

Weather ended up beating us - trip cancelled unfortunately.

Still hankering to get out - must see what the weekend forecast is this week.

Kilmore Quay

Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:19 pm

Hi Arthur

If anyone is interested, I plan to head out with Dick Hayes this coming Friday 2nd December from Kilmore Quay for a days fishing. 50 Euro a head, just be on the dock early, i.e. on or before 9 am.

I believe that there are still some mackerel about and that there is a fine run of Codling around not far offshore.

FWIW...

Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:58 pm

Sorry Kieran, Haven't been about much and only saw this today. I wouldn't have been able to make it in any case.

What about the weekend we're planning with Mark Gannon - 5 & 6 March? Are you interested?

Mark Gannon

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:57 pm

Hi Arthur

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately my work does not allow me plan that far ahead at the moment, I have it in my diary (ever the optimist!) and we'll see what happens as the dates draw near. What will you be targetting?

Thanks

Kieran