forum meet for guys from the north .

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

forum meet for guys from the north .

Postby Ronald » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:36 am

Seems to be a bit of interest for an informal meet of the northern guys ,lets make sure from the start THIS IS NOT A COMPETION !!
the weekend of the 12-14 november sounds good ,tides good for a couple of hours in day light to fish the back of bangor pier for conger and stuff into darkness .
saturday night maybe ,what does every one else think ?
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby bangor » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:54 am

the saturday good for me what time the tide at then.

Iam too new for comps so suits me. Thought a good way to learn and a bit of crac faces to names sort of thing. And if all interested at a later date k2 can put a board up with results 1 point per pound half a point anything below. I fish off per mnth sort of thing for a bit of crac no price no compition just fun and a way to learn. This may sound like a comp but more a way to keep interest and also to keep people coming. different place every time learn to fish all ground and different ways.

If no one interest so be it but i think as a bit of crac could be fun. Whatever look forward to meeting you face less people lol.
bangor

Postby Conor H » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:48 pm

will try to get down myself, probably wont be fishing but will come down for the spin if I can, just to put faces to names and get to know a few of ye !
-----------------------------
Cheers

Conor
<)))))><
-----------------------------
Conor H
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby shockleader50 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:02 pm

Good idea to keep it informal and not put anyone off by talk of competition.Fishing should be fun,with an opportunity for learners and old hands to learn from each other.I'm out on the town on the friday night but should be just about sober enough by saturday night.
shockleader50
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Drew » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:42 pm

Nad news lads, I cant make it, Its my 21st Birthday on Saturday night, So the lads are taking me out...

Good Luck,
Anyone who has visited my site knows what I look like anyway!!!
(PLUS IF I'M RECOVERED ENOUGH ON SUNDAY, IVE GOT AN ALL DAYER ON THE MISSY!!!)
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

meet

Postby pookie5488 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:45 am

great to see so many up for it. to make sure we all got the same date.

SAT 13/11/04 AT BANGOR PIER. R SURGENOR TO POST TIME OF TIDE. ALL MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGMENTS.

Look forward to it may see what iam doing wrong and learn how to cast a bit further lol.

Shame its your birthday mate get ya next time around iam sure.
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

TIDE TIMES BANGOR.

Postby Ronald » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:02 pm

Tides for saturday are perfect for a couple of hours daylight fishing then into darkness on the back of the pier .HW 11.00 hrs LW 17.07 hrs , means you can get to fish the back of the pier from about 14.30 hrs .
The place is fishing really well for conger at moment and loads of the smaller species like rockling, sea scorpions and still a few wrasse around ,so its a good opportunity to notch up a new species or two .
Hope the weather is half decent , makes it more likely to get a few people out if its good .
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Postby pookie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:21 pm

i hope they will i need help looking forward to it. be there at 2ish then and give you all a laugh. remember to duck when i cast lol.
pookie

saturday

Postby pookie5488 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:43 pm

tide as above so be there myself around 10ish fish a few hrs before and a few after high water. I need the practise lol. see you all some time during the day. Looking forward to seeing eel about 2ish from r s. so see ye all there. hope weather good
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Drew » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:23 pm

So, We're fishing daylight then??? Gimme a time and I'll be there...

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

bangor

Postby pookie » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:32 am

I will leave time to more knowledgable people. I thought high tide was the best to fish. But you all know bangor better. Can someone post a time asap tonight so i can let my mate know. Weather looks of but wrap up warm looks chilly. Go on someone be brave take charge ,iam married used to being told what to do lol.

See ya all in k2 chat tonight maybe.
pookie

Postby Ronald » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:25 pm

pier fishes best for wrasse coming up to high water ,but if you want a good chance of conger a couple of hours before low water means you can get into the holes in the boulders at the back of the pier ,this is were a boat rod and reel comes in handy , most of the big conger come from the front of the pier ,but this is just because they are a b******s to get out of the boulders on the back !
I will be fishing from around two o'clock through to late on hopefully .
Ronald

Postby JGF » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:09 pm

Would be interested in joining you for a few hrs at least to try for some Conger - have had limited success recently losing more gear than landing fish. With a boat rod, what traces and hook size do you find works best there? For bait are you using mackerel or squid?
JGF
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Ronald » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:03 pm

Using mackerel mainly ,though have found lately getting more takes using poor cod that you can catch on light gear fishing in the holes in the boulders .
you need to use at least 50 lb mono main line 150lb/200lb mono for your trace length onto a good quality swivel and 8/0 -10/0 bronze o'shanessey type hook . use scrap weights or old nuts on a weak link as a weight to get your bait down to the bottom of the holes .
Ronald

bangor

Postby pookie5488 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:25 pm

My plan is to fish from about 10ish to get high tide as this suits my fishing at the moment. I wish to meet you all so will hang around to see ronald conger fishing want to see it done. If anyone about say high be the one wraped up to an inch of his life (hate the cold). And probly braking rod over knee in anger at another bad cast. lol
See all about.
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Drew » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:01 am

Was out tonight, Offically Donaghadee has died a death.... No Fish, Nada, Nout, No Bites, No Interest, might as well have fished in Millisle Lagoon, Ughhhh.... Im ordering Ragworm for Saturday...

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Postby pookie » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:07 pm

hi mate shame that was thinking of trying there next.
Done the portaferry and bangor advice and both paid off.
See all this saturday.
pookie

Postby Ronald » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:15 am

Sounds like there is a bit of interest for tomorrow should be good to meet a few new faces , will be a bit of craic if nothing else .
ps dont forget your head lamps if you want to fish the back of the pier after dark .
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

bangor on saturay night

Postby jaminator » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:14 pm

hi guys...
Been reading the forum for months and following your reports- but havent had much time to post.
(spotted ronald conger fishing off the back of the pier one night and his mate getting attacked by a rat as well i think!)

id be interested in meeting up... as long as i dont get too much stick from you guys for bringing along the fly Rod !! :roll:

at the start of the year - before the mackeral really arrived - i spent quite a few evening fly fishing in and around the marina - caught alot of small coalies - (30 one night of the back) which is great fun on the fly...

im interested in catching a wrasse there as i havent caught one yet...

i ledger as well sometimes at the same time but mostly fly fish - as for me it actually has been far more productive :shock: .

would be great to meet fellow anglers up north - as theres an abundance of areas to fish up here - but not an abundance of articles/repots etc to help..

so hopefully - i will be there :wink: ....

james
C&R then C&R then C&R......

C&Kill then C&Kill too many times then choose another sport!
jaminator
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Drew » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:46 pm

OK LADS, FINAL CLARIFICATION OF TIMES, AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ME, I'LL BE THE Idiot IN THE BALLYCLAVA/or NY HAT AND GREEN TELETUBBLY SUIT. CAN I JUST ASK WHAT TIME U GUYS WILL BE FISHING FROM, AND WHERE ABOUTS ON THE PIER?!?!?

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Next

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats