Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:34 pm

kev,

these are only models and are not that accurate so far in advance, especially in winter so we must just hope and pray till about 48 hours in advance when we will have a more definate forecast and decide then. if their guesses are correct, there's a storm heading our way which is not good obviously

Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:46 pm

Lads would I be right in saying that the outlook has improved dramatically?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Doesn't look like it blaker..... http://www.magicseaweed.com is still giving force 7 - 9 westerlies this Saturday. :shock:

Kev

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Yeah I see that alright, looks hairy enough, but I think it may die down by Sunday. I may be totally misreading the patterns

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Looks like the wind will die down Saturday alright.... Given two days of force 7-9 there still might be some huge seas out there though.... Might be worth asking the skipper what he thinks....

Lets give it till Thursday / Friday morning :?: and see what the models throw up. They should be fairly accurate by then.

Kev

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 am

Yep fair enough. I'll be coming from West Cork on the day and heading home to Dublin in the evening so I'm all in favour of making sure before we head off!

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:09 pm

I've spoken to Luke and there is no chance at all of getting out (windguru is giving 12.9 meter swells on the saturday :roll: ) I guess that is the nature of trying to organise a trip at these latitudes in winter.

He has Saturday the 15th December available, obviously again weather permitting.
I've spoken to petekd and jd, who can make it, so that's three anyway. Can anyone else make the 15th?

Obviously deposits are refundable if that date does not suit. If weather is bad on the 15th we will try for another date and eventually get lucky

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:46 pm

JW I actually wont be able to make it, I have another commitment on the 15th I hadnt realised when I was talking to you this morning. Apologies.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Thats unfortunate but fair play to him for telling it like it was this far out.

As you say John, perils of this time of year. Thanks for the effort on your part, really appreciate the opportunity to fish around the country and I'm sure there are headaches involved in trying to organise these things.

I can't make the 15th (exam celebration dinner - which I'm paying for)

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:12 pm

pete, steve, deposits refunded. If we don't get out on the 15th I guess its best to wait till the spring

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey John,

I'm on leave from the 9th so It will be spring time for me.

Kev

15th

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi JW
Put me on permanent standby, have rod, itching to fish.

Havent quite worked up the courage for shore fishing this winter, must dust off the beachcasters!

Cheers

Kev

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:31 pm

Should be ok

15th

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:25 am

Hi John
Im still on for it.
Ferg

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:59 am

kev, deposit refunded home you get a 300lb bronzie

for the 15/12 we have so far jw jd bigkev ferg

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 pm

Thanks John. Won't make 15th, unfortunatly, hope all goes well.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi John,

15th no good for me either :( . Booked up till Christmas now. I'd be up for a short notice trip after then sometime if 15th doesn't go ahead assuming I'm free....

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 am

Cheers John,

The cash will help pay for the Bronzie guide... I'll have the camera, so If I'm lcuky enough, watch out for a few photos..........

Kev

Jeeze Lads, we should have gone out.... not!!

Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Went to Blackhead and down to Fanore on Sunday - not to fish obviously. As we rounded the corner at Blackhead Lighthouse water was spraying higher than the top of the lighthouse. Down towards Fanore waves/spray were crossing the road. It was really an awesome sight. And then a sight I could not believe... a guy got out of a car and walked over to the cliff edge to take a photo.. his wave missed him by about 15 feet.... a really big one broke across the cliff top behind him and he didn't even notice.

Also John (JW) if this fishing trip does go out into the New Year let me know as, date dependent, I might be interested.

Jeeze Lads, we should have gone out.... not!!

Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Went to Blackhead and down to Fanore on Sunday - not to fish obviously. As we rounded the corner at Blackhead Lighthouse water was spraying higher than the top of the lighthouse. Down towards Fanore waves/spray were crossing the road. It was really an awesome sight. And then a sight I could not believe... a guy got out of a car and walked over to the edge to take a photo.. his wave missed him by about 15 feet.... a really big one broke across the cliff top behind him and he didn't even notice.

Also John (JW) if this does go out into the New Year let me know and as, date dependent, I might be interested.

Our intrepid camera man...

Missed most of this...but you can see how powerful the sea was..

This wave broke behind the car... and sprayed water along 100ft+ of the road..