Ebay Supplier problem.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:27 pm

I had the misfortune recently of dealing with Burnley fishing tackle on ebay. I had won two items from them in the space of two weeks and sent, as always, payment immediately. Both small items, (spools of line) item number one took them 4 weeks to put in the post despite numerous emails enquiring as to the whereabouts, item number 2 took 5 weeks to be posted. This despite numerous emails again as by this stage I was well P...ed off with them. All emails, polite or otherwise went unanswered. With only the very odd exception, most Ebay suppliers are bang on when it comes to dealing with them, this was twice in a short period of time from the same supplier who despite instant payment has not left feedback either which ties my hands when it comes to posting feedback on them as I am only setting myself up for retaliatory neg feedback. My advice would be to avoid them like the plague.

Mods/Kieran, I can back up everything I have said, I have both sets of packaging with the dated postmarks so libel is not an issue! :lol: I wouldnt tolerate crap customer service in a tackle shop so wont tolerate it online either.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:51 pm

can this not be reported to ebay as a complaint by yourself pete?? then if you leave neg feedback can they not amend it if they give you bad feedback?but how can they if you did all you had to do correctly? i dont use ebat myself so if im not up to speed with it i stand corrected :)

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:29 am

Ebay will not get involved in Feedback issues unless in exceptional circumstances, you of course, have the right to reply to any feedback but that doesnt change the fact that your feedback rating will reflect the Negative received therefore its just not worth doing. I mean, after all who goes to the lengths of trying to look up a buyer/sellers neg feedback to see what they may have had to say about it.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Give them neg feedback. Keep it simple, factual and unemotional. That's what the system is there for, to warn others.

If they retaliate, most people will see it for what it is.

Do you buy, sell or do both on ebay? I don't think neg feedback has as much impact on someone who mainly buys, as opposed to someone who needs a reputation for selling.

Go on, neg'im, make you feel better! :twisted:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:42 pm

I do both, problem being that feedback from both buying and selling is combined. Doesnt matter a jot when buying, just selling. Might create a second ID for selling and slate the bejaysus out of any supplier who mucks up...... :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:52 pm

go for it!!!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:34 pm

To my knowledge all the companies who depend on selling via any form of mail-order, guard there reputation well, once in a while all companies will have a problem, its how that problem is sorted out that is important.

Give you a case...Gerry, from Gerry's of Morecomb phoned me just to ask, what feedback I got personally about them from lads over here. His last words were...if you do hear of any problems, tell them to ask for me personally.

The internet works well for everyone, when you consider, a pee'd off customer can be heard by future buyers, its only right that the seller have his say too, but anyone in business knows that mud sticks. One dropped comment can be the difference between a sale for €300.00 or nothing.

If it were me....I would write the truth, but like Tangle said, try to keep your emotions out of it and be fair.

Tom.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 am

The same happened to me. Rather than leave negitive feedback I used nautral and then put the comments into the feedback box. I put something like Good ebayer as long as you are not in a hurry for your stuff. The company actually left me positive feedback after that also which surprised me